Go Back  Airline Pilot Central Forums > Airline Pilot Forums > Regional > Horizon Air
What's happening at Horizon and Jets? >

What's happening at Horizon and Jets?

Notices
Horizon Air Regional Airline

What's happening at Horizon and Jets?

Old 09-01-2017, 08:31 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2014
Position: fatigued

Originally Posted by SIUav8er View Post

Its quite obvious that the future of Horizon is the ERJ, many of the older Q400's are nearing half life and need 40,000 hour checks. Those inspections cost north of $1.5 million. It would make MUCH more sense to me that they simply start parking the older Q's and focus on getting the initial order of ERJ's staffed, even if that means transitioning more pilots from the Q400.
We are contractually obligated to do the 40k checks on the aging Q400s. We can't fly them up to the 40k cycle and then say "here you go!" and dump them.
Old 09-01-2017, 10:24 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2014
Position: ERJ 175 Captain

Originally Posted by Yogipilot View Post
Come talk crap to my face and hide behind your computer u scum bag
You guys must really be desperate for bodies if you are hiring ignorant, illiterate and probably drunk morons like this one. It's usually the incompetent dim wits with an entitlement mentality that are the most vocal union zealots.

Not afraid of anyone like you Yogi . You're the fat one with your collar unbottoned and your belly hanging over you belt, wearing black sneakers carrying a backpack and wearing your Oakleys on the back of your head.

What exactly did you do to get fired from SkyWest? That usually takes some work? And I'm guessing that you were probably in the second grade when TWA got swallowed by American.
Old 09-01-2017, 10:31 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Mar 2017

I'm here IM me anytime I say your nothing more than a fear mongering union buster self righteous maybe under guise of Human Resources who knows. I wear nice shoes hell I have nice home great wife super family and I prefer facts that come from history and not some self righteous know it all I'm here let's go
Old 09-01-2017, 10:37 PM
Line Holder

Too be honest I'm not politically correct sorry I cuss and say bad scary words but sometimes they get point across much better I'm just curious why you wish QX to fail so bad is it because you couldn't get hired here or you just prefer to blame us for your failures in life. Heck move on buddy this is my family and I'll defend it with my life. You seem to know everything and be expert from the outside why don't you just be a stockbroker and make millions?
Old 09-01-2017, 10:37 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2009

Originally Posted by Jonneaux View Post
blah blah blah
Just a troll. Don't feed him. Eight or so months ago he made the same silly prediction about the fate of QX.

Since then we've added 9 airframes and seen the seniority list grow almost 15%. Upgrades are now down to regulatory minimums. Hotels are better and our union is far less chummy with the company and actually holding their feet to the fire.

It's not unicorns and sunshine but then, we're adults, we shouldn't expect it to be.
Old 09-01-2017, 10:43 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2014
Position: ERJ 175 Captain

Originally Posted by N19906 View Post
You may have missed something. As I read it, the union has filed suit in order to force AAG to give them the information detailing exactly what is being done with these "deferrals", not to force AAG to bring them onto the property. They are being evasive, when they have no right to be.
(Filing a lawsuit is the only language corporate legal understands.)

The agreement was made between the union and the company, and the company seems to have decided to stonewall the union. Not acceptable.

There needs to be some open discussions between the two groups, that will be when they can discuss the fate of the jets vs. what the employees gave up for the "promise" of getting them. That's the breach of the CBA.

As an aside, I used to think the idea of a flow-through was a pipe dream. I don't think it is any longer. I understand that over the past year AS HR has moved into PDX and has taken over making the hiring decisions for QX.
If they pick them in the first place, I don't see why they would resist allowing them to flow to the mother ship. I doubt this would happen very soon, but I'd say the odds are better than 50/50 now.
I may have missed something, there is obviously more to this than any of us are privy to. My take is that it is nothing more than a delay to give Horizon time to catch up on hiring. The information you seek may shed some light on what they are doing or maybe they don't even have a concrete plan and are just reacting to the current situation.

Whatever the case, something needs to happen quickly. I hear your hiring numbers are way up with the new TA and bonuses. Twenty last month I hear. If they all make it through training and you only lose 15 pilots to attrition that's a net gain of only 5. It will take more than that to get out of the hole even with no new airplanes. Flow? They better announce it soon, like this week. It does look like AAG wants to make it work with the new VP of Flight Ops, but I haven't heard of any solution from you guys other than flow.
Old 09-01-2017, 10:45 PM
Line Holder

I never really come on these sites cuz not worth my time just really tired of your know it all attitude lets have a beer sometime love to hear your bs In person I'll buy or coffee since cuz like u said a beer may scare u calling me fat, drunk etc I'm just curious what makes you stero type a person hell I think your a great guy just misinformed I'm here to inform you since I've lived it on the inside and your on the outside looking in accept my invitation? So? Hell I'll pick u up curb side buy u Uber
Old 09-01-2017, 10:53 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2016

This is why I check the forums less, and less... and less. Because of this nonsense I just had to scroll through.

K thx bye!
Old 09-01-2017, 10:57 PM
Line Holder

What will it take
1. Stop vilotaing the CBA
2. Start valuing your employees (ALL OF Them)
3. Stop resetting to goal line
4. Merge forget flow through
5 reinstate 401K to
Previous levels
6 Stop the fights with labor i.e. Honor commitments agreed too mutually.
7 those that got fired saying their way was better have been proven wrong learn and go back to quality Vs quantity
Old 09-01-2017, 10:59 PM
Line Holder

Good bye and good nite enjoy the I wish I could run an airline and have a golden parachute game. God Bless AAG