Go Back  Airline Pilot Central Forums > Airline Pilot Forums > Regional > Horizon Air
What's happening at Horizon and Jets? >

What's happening at Horizon and Jets?

Search
Notices
Horizon Air Regional Airline

What's happening at Horizon and Jets?

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2021, 06:06 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Dec 2017

Originally Posted by Duckaduck View Post
How do I reach Kate for help dropping?
Ask on the QX Pilots FB page.
Old 10-26-2021, 11:41 AM
New Hire

Joined APC: Jun 2018

Originally Posted by cactusflyer View Post
We found out last week that AAG cut our insurance benefits (specifically, the HSA contribution the company makes) by 17%, which is on top of the 20% cut they did last year.

This happened within 24 hours of AAG bragging how much money they made, so it's nice to see that we can still count on Alaska treating QX like the unloved stepchild to be a rock of stability in the confusing world in which we live.
I'd say since I've been here morale is at an all time low.
Old 10-26-2021, 06:58 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2009
Position: Left Seat
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by DashAviator View Post
Yes, this happened. The union will file a grievance, which will be resolved somewhere around 2029. Our basic medical benefits are actually somewhat O.K., but the dental and vision coverage is poor. Busted a tooth and need a crown? That'll be $500 or so out of pocket. Need glasses to skate through your first-class medical? Plan on $300 - $800. As an FO, my single biggest medical expense was prescription glasses.

oh thats not good at all...
Old 10-26-2021, 08:02 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Oct 2019
Position: E75 FO

Originally Posted by cactusflyer View Post
We found out last week that AAG cut our insurance benefits (specifically, the HSA contribution the company makes) by 17%, which is on top of the 20% cut they did last year.

This happened within 24 hours of AAG bragging how much money they made, so it's nice to see that we can still count on Alaska treating QX like the unloved stepchild to be a rock of stability in the confusing world in which we live.
It sucks but how is this HSA cut against the CBA? I read the CBA and all it says is the company must provide health insurance. Nothing about HSA or how much they must contribute. I don’t see how the union wins this. We need a much stronger CBA or we will continue to be pushed around.

I Honestly don’t blame AAG for using our weak contract to their advantage.

I also agree morale is an all time low….so many people are jumping ship, we are gonna be in a bad position for summer…
Old 10-26-2021, 10:41 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2017

Morale is low? What?
Old 10-27-2021, 06:51 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2016

Originally Posted by Erjpilot90 View Post
It sucks but how is this HSA cut against the CBA? I read the CBA and all it says is the company must provide health insurance. Nothing about HSA or how much they must contribute. I don’t see how the union wins this. We need a much stronger CBA or we will continue to be pushed around.

I Honestly don’t blame AAG for using our weak contract to their advantage.

I also agree morale is an all time low….so many people are jumping ship, we are gonna be in a bad position for summer…
When I was hired, our health plan was a fairly standard health insurance plan with a relatively low deductible and low (or no premiums) for individuals. The dental and vision plan weren't that good, but it was basically free for checkups and routine diagnostic tests. Starting with the February 2016 contract, all new hires were automatically enrolled in a high-deductible plan with a Health Savings Account. Our more senior employees are allowed to stay on the old plan or opt for the high-deductible plan. Most of us have stayed on the old plan.

The change in medical benefits for new hires was one of several reasons I voted AGAINST the proposed contract when it came up for a vote. Not my most important reason, but it angered me that the company and the union were willing to throw the new kids under the bus. A built-in "B" scale for insurance is just another way the company divides the pilot group against itself.

If you've worked a job (any job) for a while, you start to understand that pay is only part of the compensation package - it's all about the "bennies".
Old 10-27-2021, 07:02 AM
Works Fri-Sun, golf M-Th

Joined APC: Jan 2018
Position: Golf Cart

Originally Posted by DashAviator View Post
Yes, this happened. The union will file a grievance, which will be resolved somewhere around 2029. Our basic medical benefits are actually somewhat O.K., but the dental and vision coverage is poor. Busted a tooth and need a crown? That'll be $500 or so out of pocket. Need glasses to skate through your first-class medical? Plan on $300 - $800. As an FO, my single biggest medical expense was prescription glasses.
Thinking of it as a "Thanks for keeping us above water during the worst of 2020" gift. Alaska pilots getting paid to chill at home while we all worked more than usual. Karma is coming
Old 11-02-2021, 08:05 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2019

Originally Posted by TyWebb View Post
Thinking of it as a "Thanks for keeping us above water during the worst of 2020" gift. Alaska pilots getting paid to chill at home while we all worked more than usual. Karma is coming
It is just the plight(or blight) of working for a wholly-owned regional airline. When your paycheck does not come from the company whose name is painted on the side of the airplane you fly, life can suck a little a lot of the time. Getting the heck out of there seems like a priority
Old 11-04-2021, 12:15 PM
Works Fri-Sun, golf M-Th

Joined APC: Jan 2018
Position: Golf Cart

You're right Mike. I've heard horror stories about other regionals so, in a relative way, we don't have it all that bad. The health care thing and the sick calls counting against the Alaska interview really bother me for the fact of what is going on in the world right now, and also the fact that this company pushes the equality and inclusion thing harder than any other airline. How's cutting my healthcare, again, part of that whole movement? I don't think that aligns, so makes you wonder how full of **** they are about everything else. But it's cool, lets paint another livery for social justice.
Old 11-05-2021, 08:52 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2017

They’re selling a brand, nothing more.