Go Back  Airline Pilot Central Forums > Airline Pilot Forums > Regional > Horizon Air
What's happening at Horizon and Jets? >

What's happening at Horizon and Jets?

Search
Notices
Horizon Air Regional Airline

What's happening at Horizon and Jets?

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2017, 06:05 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2014

So you voted down a signing bonus then the company when ahead and did it anyway. obsurd!
Old 01-06-2017, 06:25 AM
New Hire

Joined APC: Jan 2017

I'm hearing rumors about a flow thru up to us from a 135 operator? I've heard someone say Boutique Air and Cape Air. Not sure why QX would be interested in anything like that.

Cape Air is in the same union and already has a program in place with Jetblue. Maybe they want to do the same with Alaska? Would that mean that we might actually get a real flow thru instead of our "guaranteed interview"?
Old 01-06-2017, 06:41 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2008

From the add... teamwork..??.. working real well with the union...

There’s never been a better time to fly with Horizon Air. Be a part of Horizon Air’s exciting blend of trailblazing aircraft technology, teamwork-focused culture and a pilot candidate bonus of $10,000.
Old 01-06-2017, 07:55 AM
New Hire

From the pilot chat this morning: there is no required contract to receive the bonus. It is paid out completely pre-employment. Our chief pilot said today that she doesn't expect retention after receiving the bonus as a problem. I'm here to tell you to take it and leave!

My opinion: if you get an interview and an offer, please take it! Whether you intend to work here or not, it is a free $10,000 because there is no requirement to even pass training to receive it. The company is attempting to bypass our CBA by offering it pre-employment.
Old 01-06-2017, 08:21 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2008

^not a bad idea!!! Everyone should apply.. flood the 10k bonus. And never show up for class...
Old 01-06-2017, 08:32 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2014
Position: fatigued

Confirmed: There is no contract attached to the 10k and they will give it to you before you show up on property to circumvent the union.

If you want a free 10k bonus now is the best time to apply and go somewhere else!
Old 01-06-2017, 10:35 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Feb 2011
Position: 6Legs12hrsMinRest

Sad to see this place turn toxic, if your coming here make sure you really know what you stepping into first. They haven't said how many we are aircraft parking yet due to staffing
Old 01-06-2017, 11:32 AM
On Reserve

Position: Left

I am confused, how do you give a "bonus" with no strings attached. When are you "officially" hired? It seems this is a game management is playing with the pilot group, and new hires.
Old 01-06-2017, 01:57 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jul 2009

I was surprised to see this when I was just browsing around on their website yesterday. (Also, did they change the "Horizon" font?) I was just given an offer last week with a class date of 1/23, so I should benefit from it. I am happy about it of course, but I can understand why everyone would be mad. That's shady to offer only new guys the $10k, but if you started last last year, or even last month, you don't see any of it. I don't know how the contract/union/management relations work to come to this decision, and its unfortunate they just can't raise 1st year pay for everybody! but please don't hate the new guy just because they happened to get a bonus. I took the job before I even knew about it.
Old 01-06-2017, 02:05 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2014
Position: fatigued

Originally Posted by 150Aerobat View Post
I was surprised to see this when I was just browsing around on their website yesterday. (Also, did they change the "Horizon" font?) I was just given an offer last week with a class date of 1/23, so I should benefit from it. I am happy about it of course, but I can understand why everyone would be mad. That's shady to offer only new guys the $10k, but if you started last last year, or even last month, you don't see any of it. I don't know how the contract/union/management relations work to come to this decision, and its unfortunate they just can't raise 1st year pay for everybody! but please don't hate the new guy just because they happened to get a bonus. I took the job before I even knew about it.
The company meets with the union and says they want to raise first year pay to $40 but also have the ability to lower it back down if they want. Union says no; we took a massive concessionary contract and if they want to renegotiate first year pay we can renegotiate the other things they took away.

Company says alright, give us your proposal. Union presents an industry standard pay package for new hires and retention bonuses for current pilots. Company laughs at the union and walks out of the room. Company then meets with the union again and offers their same deal as before with no changes. Union walks away.

Company then announces F#%^ it we're going to do whatever we want and offers the pre employment bonus of 10k to circumvent our contract because the pilots technically aren't employed yet.

You say you've taken the job already and didn't know about it. You haven't taken anything. Your class is still 2 weeks away. You know exactly what you are doing and if you decide to take the money you are essentially saying you are OK with the company violating our contract to line your pockets.