Why Do Modern Planes End Up in Boneyards?

Subscribe
1  2  3 
Page 2 of 3
Go to
Right, some day all those DC-8s, 727s, F-8s, A-6s, CRJ-200s, Saabs, B-52s, F-14s and A-4s will fly back into service...lol
When deregulation came into force in the late 70s, the then major players didn't park their less profitable airplanes; they sold them to low-budget upstarts for quick cash, not realizing they were digging their own graves by doing so. The players today don't want to make the same mistake.
Quote: Right, some day all those DC-8s, 727s, F-8s, A-6s, CRJ-200s, Saabs, B-52s, F-14s and A-4s will fly back into service...lol
Probably not, but you never know. When the Vietnam Nam war cranked up, a whole lot of old airplanes, including recips, rose from the dead out there.
NASA is flying an RB-57 that came out of a museum a year or two ago.....
Quote: And then???

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GKNX6dieVcc
Quote:
NASA is flying an RB-57 that came out of a museum a year or two ago.....

N927NA, formerly 63-13295, sat in the boneyard at Davis-Monthan for 41 years. I saw it at Ellington Field (Wings Over Houston Airshow) last month.

And supposedly, another came from the museum at Warner-Robbins.
Of the 2 WB-57s they fly, two have been there a while. The third (as mentioned) came out of DM a few years ago.
UAL T-38 Phlyer,
I stand corrected. I was unaware of the W-R aircraft.
Quote: Right, some day all those DC-8s, 727s, F-8s, A-6s, CRJ-200s, Saabs, B-52s, F-14s and A-4s will fly back into service...lol
12 of the S-3s are for South Korea and I believe have more airframe life left than the Rhinos that are doing the CV tanking
1  2  3 
Page 2 of 3
Go to