Notices
Envoy Airlines Regional Airline

New Envoy Information

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2016, 06:09 PM
Banned

Joined APC: Jun 2008

Originally Posted by ag386 View Post
I'm sorry sir. It's quite obvious that you are living in Mr. Rogers "Land of Make Believe." Your statements here that are attempting to spin this as just a minor roadblock border on the absurd. Are you really an Envoy pilot? Do you know how valuable seniority is?

As the Envoy boys have been suffering greatly through the past several years, you flippantly say "If we send the min, so what? We still all eventually get to AA." After the friends and family are sandwiched in on top of Envoy pilots who were obligated by contract to flow.

Sir, you should evaluate these patently false statements and realize the company you are in love with has been having an affair with someone else for years.
Try to be understanding. They are in desparate straits now having all but lost any reasonable chance of selling a coherent sales pitch considering the latest realities. Desparate times call for deparate measures along with an on-side kick and a hail Mary.

Most who haven't already left the stadium are filing out as we speak.
Old 02-03-2016, 06:14 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Skyvector View Post
You call what I say spin, the proceed to repeat EXACTLY what I just said. There's no need to re-word my post and pass it off as your own. I very clearly stated the correct, factual information in my post...want to actually read it? No? Don't worry...It's above your level, I'm sure.

And of course an "AA" pilot would know so much detail about what our lines and reserve coverage look like. Say hi to my other favorite AA pilot: Mason32.
Anyone who wants to know all about Envoy need only join EL and get it straight from the source and it's far uglier from the source then from me.

I'm just the messenger.
Old 02-03-2016, 06:32 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2014

Originally Posted by eaglefly View Post
This is just another post of spin mixed perhaps more desperation then usual. Considering the circumstances, it's to be expected.

The reality is this (in much shorter Readers Digest version); The Envoy flow is being slowed to minimum rate when it is neither necessary nor warranted.

- Part-time lines.
- ZERO time lines.
- Low block hour lines (< 65 hours).
- 35-50% reserve coverage.

It is undeniable by those with no motive, assigned task or agenda.
To add to this, if ENY is metering now when so overstaffed, there will be no other time they won't meter, because ENY will never be so overstaffed again. This essentially negates the entire intent (on the union's side, anyway) behind the 50%. It's a pretty clear message to the pilot group, which in turn becomes a pretty clear message to potential new hires. It's such a dumb move by the company and I really can't figure out why they would do it, if for no other reason than it is in their nature.
Old 02-03-2016, 06:35 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2013

This is just another post of spin mixed perhaps more desperation then usual. Considering the circumstances, it's to be expected.

The reality is this (in much shorter Readers Digest version); The Envoy flow is being slowed to minimum rate when it is neither necessary nor warranted.

- Part-time lines.
- ZERO time lines.
- Low block hour lines (< 65 hours).
- 35-50% reserve coverage.

It is undeniable by those with no motive, assigned task or agenda.
Another question being raised by this metering: how on earth are they ever going to true up the 824? We'll never have staffing as good as we do now, but if they meter then someday they'll have to send more than 50% to true up. How will sending more than 50% in the less-staffed future cause less of an operational disruption than today? It won't, and so they'll just violate it again, right? These people can't be trusted.
Old 02-03-2016, 06:48 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Jersdawg View Post
To add to this, if ENY is metering now when so overstaffed, there will be no other time they won't meter, because ENY will never be so overstaffed again. This essentially negates the entire intent (on the union's side, anyway) behind the 50%. It's a pretty clear message to the pilot group, which in turn becomes a pretty clear message to potential new hires. It's such a dumb move by the company and I really can't figure out why they would do it, if for no other reason than it is in their nature.
Precedent ?
Old 02-03-2016, 06:54 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by ORDinary View Post
Another question being raised by this metering: how on earth are they ever going to true up the 824? We'll never have staffing as good as we do now, but if they meter then someday they'll have to send more than 50% to true up. How will sending more than 50% in the less-staffed future cause less of an operational disruption than today? It won't, and so they'll just violate it again, right? These people can't be trusted.
How far behind are they now ?

They could continue a monthly defecit via metering until say, May and then depending on the number of Letter T pilots stop altogether (the guess at the number of those who will return has increased). If say, the second half of 2016 is all Letter T, then there's no increase in 824 deficit because no street hiring either, so no aggrivation of true up requirements. Then when the 824 starts up again in early 2017, they continue to meter until the very end truing up then, thus maximizing Envoy's pilot assets to cover for other regionals as long as possible.

That's a LOT of lost AA seniority.
Old 02-03-2016, 07:12 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2014
Position: Feito no Brasil, CA

Originally Posted by Skyvector View Post
You call what I say spin, the proceed to repeat EXACTLY what I just said. There's no need to re-word my post and pass it off as your own. I very clearly stated the correct, factual information in my post...want to actually read it? No? Don't worry...It's above your level, I'm sure.

And of course an "AA" pilot would know so much detail about what our lines and reserve coverage look like. Say hi to my other favorite AA pilot: Mason32.

He's not very original. He beats the same drum everywhere. He repeats the negative side of every argument, then adds a hefty dash of sky falling devoid of reason.
Old 02-03-2016, 07:26 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by AdiosMikeFox View Post
He's not very original. He beats the same drum everywhere. He repeats the negative side of every argument, then adds a hefty dash of sky falling devoid of reason.
The Captain validates his F/O. How heartwarming.
Old 02-03-2016, 07:59 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2014
Position: Feito no Brasil, CA

The Captain validates his F/O. How heartwarming.

That is what should be done, do you not do the same? Go get agXXX and have him give you some backup if you're feeling a little ganged up on.
Old 02-03-2016, 10:45 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2010

Yawn these threads are getting bored...