Notices
Envoy Airlines Regional Airline

New Envoy Information

Old 11-12-2015, 08:43 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2015

Originally Posted by PilotJ3 View Post
Like I said, envoy pilots can be hired off the street into AA.
How many have been hired that way over the last few years? And what were their qualifications and networking options? Because they weren't just cases where AA just decided to hire an Envoy pilot OTS for funsies.
Old 11-12-2015, 09:01 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2010

Originally Posted by Harpyr View Post
How many have been hired that way over the last few years? And what were their qualifications and networking options? Because they weren't just cases where AA just decided to hire an Envoy pilot OTS for funsies.
I know 4 with no mayor connections, just networking. 2 of them CA and 2 of them FOs with no P121 TPIC. I know 1 more pilot that was an intern.

Considering the last NH class without deferrals was probably by January/February 2015. After that they stopped interviewing.
Old 11-12-2015, 09:11 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2011

There isn't many that do get hired off the street from Envoy.. But to be fair there isn't many at all that get hired from other regionals either at AA. 90% of the remaining street hire positions at AA are going to Military and "other". There is very few positions available to regular regional pilots.

Delta is the same, majority is Mil, then Compass/Endeavor pilots, then leftover spots for astronauts, check airmen, pHd's etc.. Then Masters degrees, then 4000 TPIC pilots who volunteer at homeless shelters and build houses for habitat for humanity in Africa on days off, then 8000 hr FO's, then other pilots if you are lucky.

Flow isn't bad to have as a backup.
Old 11-12-2015, 09:12 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2015

Originally Posted by PilotJ3 View Post
I know 4 with no mayor connections, just networking. 2 of them CA and 2 of them FOs with no P121 TPIC. I know 1 more pilot that was an intern.

Considering the last NH class without deferrals was probably by January/February 2015. After that they stopped interviewing.
Those don't sound like great numbers to me. All I'm really getting at is that it may not be the full picture to say, "Yeah, AA hires ENY pilots OTS", when in fact the flow is a reason they'd rather avoid doing just that.

Either way, I'd advise the up-and-coming generation of pilots to get in ENY's pipeline program. If the flow works as advertised, that's the place to be.
Old 11-12-2015, 09:21 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2010

Those don't sound like great numbers to me. All I'm really getting at is that it may not be the full picture to say, "Yeah, AA hires ENY pilots OTS", when in fact the flow is a reason they'd rather avoid doing just that.

Either way, I'd advise the up-and-coming generation of pilots to get in ENY's pipeline program. If the flow works as advertised, that's the place to be.
Well, but it can be done. All of them have been into numerous job fairs and network like crazy.

The question is...Envoy with 50% of year new hires, PDY with 3 a month and PSA with 5 a month. How much space is for any other hires that are not military/interns/family and friends? AA have over 15,000 apps on file...

And before others chime in, the flow goes down after the 825 to 50% metered to 25 a month whichever is lower. That trigger it should start about mid 2017. It covers all the pilots until hired at 10/11/11. Basically ensuring that Envoy will keep sending 50% of new hires into AA for at least until 2020/2023.

Again, any new guy should be looking carefully ENY/PDT, it's a good way to have all the Legacies covered.
Old 11-12-2015, 11:04 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2013
Position: Piloto

It's good game to bait new hires with flow but one still has to managed to pay for cost of living on about $33G as a first year FO at Envoy. Pretty brutal, hopes of seamless flow or not.
Old 11-12-2015, 11:24 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Sep 2015

Originally Posted by eaglefly View Post
Well, back at EL during the Summer, everyone was in a flap on how in June Envoy sent no one and arbitrally they were required to send a minimum each month percentage-wise. What they did to make up for that or how many overall they hired is irrelevant. This is all semantics though as all I'm stating which has caused another bout of Envoysteria is that what happened yesterday or today doesn't guarantee tomorrow. Same for ANY AAG regional flow "projection". Supposedly the E-175 arrival is theoretically supposed to trigger 30/month metered to a minimum of 50%, yes ?

30/month is 360 and 50% of 750 is 375. But, last I read from Envoy management it was "200-300" which is short of the Mason dance from just weeks ago. Let's see what occurs in January. If it's only 20, that's not a good sign of 360-375 for 2016.

Upset ? Why would I be upset ? Although I wanted to get to AA sooner (who wouldn't), I did OK at Eagle during the "lost decade" driving to work for $80-110K/year and am fine with my existence now. I hope those junior to me do better then I did, but whether they do or not, it wont change my situation. I look forward, not backward and my points about Envoy and the flow is that NO ONE can say with any guarantees what occurs forward of today.

You planning to flow ?

Well, then I'd rethink trumpeting those 90 options for "The new seven five's". That will only SLOW your advancement at AA once you get there as guess what they will be replacing...................YOU. Since you'll be hideously junior, it will likely then be I that tells YOU how sorry I am you are upset.

You've convinced yourself of certainties in the future and considering your present existence, I can understand that. From what Envoy pilots say at EL, it's sounds like a pretty chaotic existence there now and is likely about to get worse when your MEC once again cow-tow's to management and gives them Satellite bases(s) while RSV goes unchanged or unimproved. As another used to say here...........

Good Luck !

You can lead a horse to water, you just can't force him to drink. I've already given you all the FACTS. 2.5 year upgrade and 6 year flow to AA. I'm sorry you missed the boat but it's a different time now. Yes, I'm flowing by the way. And the "New Seven Fives" will just make it all the better. Potentially 450 additional CA slots as the flow continues. There's few things in life that are sure. Death and taxes are two. Envoy flow to AA is as close to a lock as you can get. You can take that to the bank.
Old 11-12-2015, 12:57 PM
Banned

Joined APC: Mar 2014

Originally Posted by cf105 View Post
It's good game to bait new hires with flow but one still has to managed to pay for cost of living on about $33G as a first year FO at Envoy. Pretty brutal, hopes of seamless flow or not.
Congratulations on being extremely short sighted. Where can a new hire go and get paid more?

Oh, first year pay at Regional A or B is $40/hour?? And so what? You will be making that for the next decade as you spin your wheels in place.

In case you haven't figured it out yet: Majors don't hire Regional pilots just because they have 1,000 hours in the left seat of an RJ. They have 11,000+ applications on file, per airline, of people far more qualified than your average Regional pilot.

With a flow through agreement like Envoy's, you will start at average FO pay, and within 5 or 6 years be where the REAL MONEY is: A MAJOR airline. And you got there by having just ONE interview: the one you did to get hired at Envoy.

Meanwhile everyone else who went to non-wholly owned Regionals are still there 6 years later...wasting their money and precious days off attending job fairs. All of a sudden that $40/hour 1st year FO pay doesn't seem worth it in the long run.

Long term vs short term monetary gain. It isn't a complex principle that requires a degree in mathematics to figure out.
Old 11-12-2015, 01:40 PM
Banned

Joined APC: Jun 2008

Originally Posted by Reservist View Post
I don't know exactly what the point of your continued posting is.

Okay we get it.

The flow worked for you, but Nothing in life is guaranteed.

Fact still remains, looking at the regional landscape, a new hires best option is probably PDT or ENY. No one is suggesting they don't continue to apply to the big 3 off the street. If you get hired by United or delta off the street first by all means leave. Like you said making 80-110k while waiting for AA/United/delta (even if flow projections don't live up to the hype) isn't that bad.

Your ruining this entire forum with your incessant posting.

Convincing people not to come to ENY serves no purpose, but it's obviously part of some misguided self-serving mission your on.
More biased perception due to bad comprehension.

I'm not urging people not to come to Envoy, that's simply error based on hysteria. ALL, I'm saying is that those who represent the flow to AA as "guaranteed" in any period of time are themselves doing the misrepresenting.

I could say I don't know what the point of the continued hard sell is, but that isn't true. Some are simply desperate to get pilots........anyone to come to Envoy based on misrepresented or embellished assumptions. It serves their own interests. I'm not ruining anything, you just disagree with me and that my friend is a basic by-product of this forum.

Censorship is not and shouldn't be.
Old 11-12-2015, 01:42 PM
Banned

Joined APC: Jun 2008

Originally Posted by Cujo664 View Post
You can lead a horse to water, you just can't force him to drink. I've already given you all the FACTS. 2.5 year upgrade and 6 year flow to AA. I'm sorry you missed the boat but it's a different time now. Yes, I'm flowing by the way. And the "New Seven Fives" will just make it all the better. Potentially 450 additional CA slots as the flow continues. There's few things in life that are sure. Death and taxes are two. Envoy flow to AA is as close to a lock as you can get. You can take that to the bank.
Thanks for the laugh !