Notices
Envoy Airlines Regional Airline

New Envoy Information

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2016, 01:27 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2015

Originally Posted by fina View Post
How can we have a rational discussion with someone that doesn't work here. You don't work here go to the american forum
It all hinges on YOU DON'T EVEN WORK HERE!

I sure hope you never post in any forum other than Envoy slim.
Old 03-22-2016, 01:32 PM
Banned

Joined APC: Jun 2008

How can we have a rational discussion with someone that doesn't work here. You don't work here go to the american forum
My point exactly.

Some of you guys seem to live in your own little bubble (a dysfunctional and disturbed bubble for sure) where you think a rational discussion about Envoy can only occur among those that work there. This forum is FILLED with threads discussing X, Y and Z and by people who don't work there and have valid points-of-view, but Envoy threads (and Envoy) seem to include a different breed of pilot.

To me, it's fascinating. But, as long as you guys target me instead of discussing issues, I'll be here to respond to each and every one of you racking up the posts to your chagrin. Stick to the subject matter and you'll hear far less of me.
Old 03-22-2016, 01:59 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Aug 2014

Originally Posted by eaglefly View Post
My point exactly.

Some of you guys seem to live in your own little bubble (a dysfunctional and disturbed bubble for sure) where you think a rational discussion about Envoy can only occur among those that work there. This forum is FILLED with threads discussing X, Y and Z and by people who don't work there and have valid points-of-view, but Envoy threads (and Envoy) seem to include a different breed of pilot.

To me, it's fascinating. But, as long as you guys target me instead of discussing issues, I'll be here to respond to each and every one of you racking up the posts to your chagrin. Stick to the subject matter and you'll hear far less of me.
I don't live in my own Little bubble I work you don't.
I would not recommend anybody to came here now until they fix many things, I can say this because I work but you don't.
So don't came here to tell people what you think is going to happen
because you don't work here. Go to the american forum where you belong and let the people that work here tell others how terrible this company is.
Old 03-22-2016, 03:28 PM
Gets Weekends Off

I don't live in my own Little bubble I work you don't.
I would not recommend anybody to came here now until they fix many things, I can say this because I work but you don't.
So don't came here to tell people what you think is going to happen
because you don't work here. Go to the american forum where you belong and let the people that work here tell others how terrible this company is.
That would be fine if it happened with any regularity. Unfortunately, you have the whack jobs on the Envoy Patrol singing the company praises here daily in an attempt to drown everyone else out.
Old 03-22-2016, 03:49 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by ag386 View Post
That would be fine if it happened with any regularity. Unfortunately, you have the whack jobs on the Envoy Patrol singing the company praises here daily in an attempt to drown everyone else out.
Serious question...if it was up to you that envoy succeeds in their plans as stated, or fails, what would you choose? I ask because if you answer how I think you will, your true character will show.
Old 03-22-2016, 04:17 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by Eaglepilot84 View Post
Serious question...if it was up to you that envoy succeeds in their plans as stated, or fails, what would you choose? I ask because if you answer how I think you will, your true character will show.
The serious answer is that I would want the flow to succeed as advertised. For all of the Envoy pilots who deserve their chance to flow after putting in so much time being mistreated.

If I really thought it would succeed as planned, I would have never left the place.

Whether you believe I worked there or not, I did, but it doesn't matter. I worked there much earlier than I actually posted I did initially and spent 7 years of my life there. I am very aware how they promise you something and never deliver. Good news just around the corner only to be let down or put off a few more months and the cycle repeats.

I just don't believe that the flow is going to work as advertised, mainly due to not being able to get enough new hires but for other reasons as stated previously as well. When I state these opinions, I am immediately attacked as one who doesn't work here, doesn't know jack ******, dumb a**, etc.

After my time at Envoy, I just can't see how anyone really believes management is going to follow through. Especially looking at the situation myself and performing some basic math skills on pilots leaving and pilots coming in. It's very hard to believe that some of these hardcore pro Envoy types actually are so on board with management and the program.
Old 03-22-2016, 04:53 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Aug 2014

Originally Posted by ag386 View Post
Your right it doesn't happen very often but it happens.
What you have to understand is that those guys that said good and bad things about this company they work here,but you and eaglefly don't . So why don't you go to your company's forum and tell others how good is your airline.
Old 03-22-2016, 05:17 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2015

Can anyone that knows share what the overall pass rate for new hire training at Envoy is? Washout rate?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-22-2016, 05:52 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2011

Originally Posted by Inclined plane View Post
Can anyone that knows share what the overall pass rate for new hire training at Envoy is? Washout rate?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don't know exact numbers but the washout rate is very low. I have been through I don't even know how many long term trainings with new hires here and can only remember a few that didn't make it over many years. New hires bust Type rides or Orals here and there, but to completely wash out is not very common. Now with AQP training on the 175, it has gotten quite a bit easier than the old way as well where you had to basically know everything for an oral, because they could literally ask you anything, and the old TYPE ride has virtually no room for errors, Basically 2 hours of being nearly perfect through everything thrown at you. Things have changed for the better with the E175 AQP training though.

It's always obvious too the first week who is going to struggle or bust something. They were either odd ducks who you could tell from day 1 that they would have trouble, loners who didn't study with the rest of us, or stubborn people that just wouldn't listen to the advice of people who have been doing this for a long time and thought they knew best. They spent their time focusing on the wrong things and refused to take any advice.

If you are dedicated to making it, work well with others and listen to the advice of the senior classmates and instructors who have played the training game before many times. You will make it through just fine. The majority of people here always are willing to help each other out.
Old 03-22-2016, 06:20 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Nov 2015

Anyone have any info on the training pay situation at Envoy? Single/Dbl occupancy hotels, Per diem, Able to commute home on weekends? thx