Notices
Envoy Airlines Regional Airline

New Envoy Information

Old 04-22-2016, 03:11 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2016

Originally Posted by stanthecaddy View Post
I wouldn't kick back and relax and count on the flow. Ask some xjt pilots (then Continental express) and those Envoy '99 hires about the flow. Flows come and go . They're already metering it.
To be fair, it wasn't a flow problem back then. It was a lack of hiring in the entire industry. The flow has always worked when American was hiring.
I do agree though, go ahead and try to get hired at a legacy while your at Envoy. And then at 5.5 years, if you haven't gotten a call, go walk into class at AA and have a seat.
Old 04-22-2016, 04:39 AM
Banned

Joined APC: Jun 2008

Originally Posted by GodIsGood View Post
To be fair, it wasn't a flow problem back then. It was a lack of hiring in the entire industry. The flow has always worked when American was hiring.
I do agree though, go ahead and try to get hired at a legacy while your at Envoy. And then at 5.5 years, if you haven't gotten a call, go walk into class at AA and have a seat.
To be fairer (and more accurate), while external forces did STOP the flow, pilots back then were metered to AA as slow as contractually feasible, i. e., they were metered to maximum ability by serving their full lock-in's. 100% were retained at Eagle and none were released early. Envoy ALPA has confirmed their belief that will be the M.O. in the future as well. Again, the 5.5 year claim is a projection based in part on uncontrollable variables and is not a guarantee.
Old 04-22-2016, 04:45 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2015

Originally Posted by eaglefly View Post
To be fairer (and more accurate), while external forces did STOP the flow, pilots back then were metered to AA as slow as contractually feasible, i. e., they were metered to maximum ability by serving their full lock-in's. 100% were retained at Eagle and none were released early. Envoy ALPA has confirmed their belief that will be the M.O. in the future as well. Again, the 5.5 year claim is a projection based in part on uncontrollable variables and is not a guarantee.
I think the only lock-in one has to worry about is a one-year seat lock, which shouldn't be an issue.
Old 04-22-2016, 07:35 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2016
Position: Sitting and waiting

Originally Posted by GodIsGood View Post
I tried this... Some [beef jerky] named "security" and another guy who called himself "officer" dragged me out of class.

Last edited by vagabond; 04-22-2016 at 09:16 AM. Reason: no profanity please
Old 04-22-2016, 09:07 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2015

Originally Posted by RyanP View Post
New hires can now pick Aircraft and Domicile. (They are trying this out to see how it goes).
That's what I like to hear. Main reason I'm at looking at Envoy is so I can stay in DFW. Would've been ****ed if I got stuck in ORD.

Edit: I can't say p i s s ed on APF? Really?
Old 04-22-2016, 09:15 AM
Banned

Joined APC: Jun 2008

Originally Posted by Eaglepilot84 View Post
I think the only lock-in one has to worry about is a one-year seat lock, which shouldn't be an issue.
True. It will be other factors that control ultimate flow rates and times.
Old 04-22-2016, 09:38 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2016

Originally Posted by eaglefly View Post
True. It will be other factors that control ultimate flow rates and times.
There aren't "other factors" that control flow rates. It's contractual. If hired today, the maximum wait to flow is 6 years. Realistically, you'll flow in 5 1/2.
Old 04-22-2016, 09:43 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2015

Originally Posted by cr700 View Post
There aren't "other factors" that control flow rates. It's contractual. If hired today, the maximum wait to flow is 6 years. Realistically, you'll flow in 5 1/2.
Whoa there Nelly. There's no "maximum wait to flow" time period. I'm all for getting people in the front door because I think this place finally has a future, but don't be a d-bag and make claims you can't back up. Yes flow will likely be roughly 6 years but there's nothing guarnteed about that statement. It's just an educated guess.
Old 04-22-2016, 10:17 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jun 2015

Originally Posted by cr700 View Post
Ric is that you???
Old 04-22-2016, 10:20 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2013

Originally Posted by Eaglepilot84 View Post
Whoa there Nelly. There's no "maximum wait to flow" time period. I'm all for getting people in the front door because I think this place finally has a future, but don't be a d-bag and make claims you can't back up. Yes flow will likely be roughly 6 years but there's nothing guarnteed about that statement. It's just an educated guess.
I'll agree with you that in the current state of affairs it looks like 6 years average new hire to flow. Nothing, and I mean NOTHING, is guaranteed about that timeframe. Cr700 is a flat out propagandist and LIAR. He knows he is spewing lies but just doesn't care: as long as he can keep duping new hires in the door and keeps his cushy desk job, everyone else be damned.

What can change the flow? The same things that changed the flow time for the guys who have served 16 years at Eaglevoy and are finally flowing right now:
- A terrorist attack
- Economic downfall, to include rising fuel
- Unable to hire replacements, causing the company to violate the contract(yep they did it before).
- Natural Disasters
And a litany of other reasons. As soon as one happens, the same conscience-less big mouth will be saying "but but we couldn't control these things!".

Meanwhile, you just got hired at one of the worst quality of life regionals out there and your "time served" just became unknown.

All of this could happen just as much as you could flow in 6 years.