Notices
Envoy Airlines Regional Airline

New Envoy Information

Old 05-20-2016, 07:04 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2008
Position: CRJ-700

Been trying to apply therefor last 2 years with no callback.
5500TT, 4900ME, 2350PIC, 1650TPIC (part 121 and 135). Clean PRIA, Driving and FAA
Current part 135
Types is CL65, CL600, E145, CE500
Never failed anything.
Do have G7 on resume
Old 05-20-2016, 08:44 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2013
Position: A320 FO
Default New Envoy Information

^^^^^^^ Where?
Old 05-20-2016, 08:46 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2016

Originally Posted by highflyer1980 View Post
^^^^^^^ Where?
Dude. Its APC. A place full of BS and name calling. What'd ya expect?
Old 05-20-2016, 10:18 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2007

Originally Posted by AdiosMikeFox View Post
No new selections have been made. No announcements regarding how many will flow during the recall process, and technically we should flow zero as these are not new hire classes.

Even if they flow 5-10 people per month during recalls it's still missing the originally advertised flow totals by a mile. Thing is, nobody knows exactly how many are coming back. The manner in which they are calling furloughs prevents calculating solid number. Flow could normalize this summer, or more likely, towards the end of the year. Just add 3-5 months to your projected date.
The current return rate is 12%.

We are going to be flowing 12-15 pilots per month to the LUS side as the furloughs return to the LAA side. It is apparent that they will likely be contacting people at the last minute to fill those flow slots.
Old 05-20-2016, 11:22 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2014
Position: Feito no Brasil, CA

I know they're not getting many out of each batch, but no guarantees that it will remain consistent.

Source? I've heard no numbers yet but it was rumored to be 5-10 per class. I believe that yes, it will be the LUS bases due to the AA furloughs being required to go back to AA equipment.
Old 05-20-2016, 01:57 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2013

I will be interviewing in the coming weeks and was just advised that the sim portion has been removed from the interview process.
Old 05-20-2016, 01:59 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2012

Originally Posted by Mistek89 View Post
I will be interviewing in the coming weeks and was just advised that the sim portion has been removed from the interview process.
Good luck.
Old 05-20-2016, 02:57 PM
Banned

Joined APC: Jun 2008

Originally Posted by Shiner View Post
I don't know if you keep up with the hiring news going on above the regional level, but things are changing quickly. Most of the bottom tier LCC jobs are pretty easy to attain, it just takes a little groundwork. Corporate jobs are opening up all over as corporate pilots shuffle into the regionals to try and get 121 time on their resume for the legacies. Overseas jobs are there and attainable if a pilot is so inclined. And the legacies are not slowing down.

For most FO's that are staying, their top choice is AA. They aren't going to hustle for a job at Frontier or head overseas to Emirates to get out of the regional rat race. They are staying here, and watching what happens. Maybe FO's here felt trapped in the past, but I promise you, most that want out now, are getting out.

How much will they put up with, should the flow be modified or slowed (outside of the contract)? My guess is, not much.

I think we both agree that within the next year something will happen. We can't flow 30/month and hire 10. It's not sustainable. I think they need us. I think they will figure out they need us more than we need them. Same goes for PDT and PSA. Their model is not working and they still need their RJ's flying.
In the first part of this post, you assert that most Envoy F/O's aren't going anywhere as the want to go to AA. I agree on that, but then you say most will leave if the flow is slowed they will leave, which I don't buy. LCC jobs aren't being handed out wholesale, at least not yet and most will stick it out in the hope things will improve as the previous poll indicated. Many will leave if offered a better deal regardless.

Yes, they need you, but even if they increase pay, you're still in an RJ and not building AA seniority and that doesn't bring in newbies, nor prevent people from bailing to the likes of Jet a Blue or Spirit, let alone Delta or United, both of which are slated to have very robust hiring schedules over the next few years. Putting you on the AA list, even a staple will require APA and AA pilot approval and Parker just blew another loogie in the BOD's face and thus AA pilots, so there will be NO interest in bailing him out of his RJ addiction without serious contractual modifications akin to parity with Delta and I don't see any chance at least for now of that until 2020 or beyond.

AFAIC, the farce of the culture change that did happen just in the WRONG direction means most here would prefer to fold their arms and watch Rome burn in regards to his regional conundrum even at the expense of contraction at mainline. Parker bombed in his chance to demonstrate an ethical compass and will receive no consideration from the mainline pilot group unless either he pony's up a Delta package or the APA BOD settles for scraps and passes that to the pilots who might then repeat history and run for .15 on the dollar again.
Old 05-20-2016, 03:51 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2013
Position: A320 FO

Originally Posted by DilsonWic View Post
Dude. Its APC. A place full of BS and name calling. What'd ya expect?

Just asking because it wasn't specific has to what airline that was referenced. But if you think the troll card should be played. Okay.
Old 05-20-2016, 04:22 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2007

Originally Posted by AdiosMikeFox View Post
I know they're not getting many out of each batch, but no guarantees that it will remain consistent.

Source? I've heard no numbers yet but it was rumored to be 5-10 per class. I believe that yes, it will be the LUS bases due to the AA furloughs being required to go back to AA equipment.
Source on recalls is AA and ALPA. Source on flow over the summer is ALPA.