Notices
Envoy Airlines Regional Airline

New Envoy Information

Old 05-24-2016, 05:15 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2008
Position: forever fo

Originally Posted by thor55 View Post
I am considering leaving a higher paying job in pt 135 fractional to come to Envoy. Can people who work at Envoy help with:
How likely is a2.5 yr upgrade and 5/6 year flow?
According the union it's currently unlikely for Charlie Bucket when this was announced. We need close to 40 upgrades and new hires a month now and that number keeps going up. If Envoy wants the new hires they need to step up and remove members of managment that continue to create a toxic atmosphere here by implementing poor labor relations. They also need to pony up and match the endevour pilot bonus or one up it. We also need more bases, an airline like Tran states has 350 pilots ans 5 bases we have close to 2000 and 2. That's just my opinion but the numbers are from the union.

Average number of days on or off per month for a line holder?
your going to get different answers, I would say 13-15, a middle of the pack line holder in ord on emj could hold 3 day trips with 15 or 16 days off in june

Why Envoy over PSA, Endeavor or any other regional?
Psa imo is not something you want on a resume. Goto envoy if we have a base in your home city, otherwise with our lack of bases I'd goto endeavor. Your total pay and general experience with any aa w.o. will be about the same in the end imo and may end up being the same airline in the end. Working for psa will get much disrespect from your peers and those peers over time may end up being someone on the hiring board of your dream job down the road

Are there real pay raises coming soon, not a bonus, which can be removed?
imo that's not even close to on the table

Average number of legs per day flown?
3 to 5, emj has the most 5 ..175 less
Average duty day?
8-10 hours, again depends on airplane, we have many 12+ days, the company also buildings lines that exceed what would he 117 legal by making the leg to the overnight a dead head. I recently had a 345am show (base time) and was legal for 10 hours, I worked legs for 8.50 duty then had a 3 hour sit and dead headed to my overnight. I arrived my overnight at 410pm base time.

Average rest hours off per night?
13-18 hours mostly about 13-15, some 32 hours those have decreased with a rise in cdo or stand ups however the company says if pilots bend the contract in their favor by calling sick on cdo lines they will go away and the lost overnights will be back

What hotels d you stay in?
the vast majority would be rated 3.5 stars on priceline. A few are 4, a few are also 2

Basically would you come to Envoy, stay at fractional with higher pay or go to a different regional?
that's a personal decision based on what you want from your career. Picking a regional is a gamble because today's worst pick is next year's best and visa versa. Live in base is great advice and we only offer 2.

Goal is to get to a legacy/major, but not much 121 time.
Anything else you might find helpful?
as many will tell you, getting hired at a true legacy is not easy, the flow Is a good insurance plan. If we upped our bonus and qol we could hire more and get the upgrade down and pilot moral up. That has yet to be seen. However if it will is unknown. Things happen fast in this industry both good or bad

Thank you much for the help
Filler see above in red
Old 05-24-2016, 05:25 AM
Banned

Joined APC: Jun 2008

Originally Posted by Pedro4President View Post
He is trolling you. He isn't in the NH class for the 175.
Perhaps, but 11 were. Those new Charlie Bucket's have a significant probability of facing nearly as long a wait as I did, so if one wants to characterize that as a "cakewalk", so be it. But from what Envoy sounds like now, I agree in some respects my decade long wait WAS a cake walk as tolerating the present Envoy from its description by those who work there now would IMO be anything BUT a cakewalk and closer to a nightmare. I simply cannot imagine a near decade long sentence in that environment.

The pilots who didn't accept the non E-175 class a couple of weeks ago and presumably now did also have a significant possibility of being subject to that which occurs at airlines all the time, that being stagnation and even possible displacement. Although they really lost no seniority rejecting the past class as only 1 did show in that class they rejected, as Envoy shrinks and CRJ's are transferred and EMB's parked, if attrition becomes unbalanced in the remaining fleets, there will be more senior CRJ/EMB pilots bumping back to DFW E-175 making them long-term DFW RSV pilots and if another base like ORD is added to E-175, then possible displacement to ORD even on reserve. Then, they'll be right back in the position they rejected Envoy for in the first place, that being a DFW E-175 slot and the belief in a smooth "cakewalk" quickly obtaining and more importantly holding a line there. Theoretically, if the fleet/domiciles become unbalanced, they could be displaced out of DFW E-175 to ORD EMB.

I hope the recent and future Charlie Bucket's there are being realistic about the potential potholes of coming to Envoy considering its likelihood of contraction due to having higher attrition then attraction as even without that, the regional industry isn't for the faint of heart and there are really no cakewalks in it for the forseeable future if you ask me. Envoy especially, is at a greater risk for instability in status (aircraft/domicile) considering it's strong likelihood of being a shrinking carrier making QWL there very fluid.
Old 05-24-2016, 05:42 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2008
Position: forever fo

Eaglefly every regional is facing a future of term oil. Noone knows what the future holds for any. Everyone just needs to build their time and work on to better places. We offer a paycheck on par and average qol. The flow moves as it moves and is a nice back up plan. We get some more bases and match endevour and this would be a better selection to pay your dues if we have a base where you live.
Old 05-24-2016, 06:00 AM
Banned

Joined APC: Jun 2008

Originally Posted by lakehouse View Post
Eaglefly every regional is facing a future of term oil. Noone knows what the future holds for any. Everyone just needs to build their time and work on to better places. We offer a paycheck on par and average qol. The flow moves as it moves and is a nice back up plan. We get some more bases and match endevour and this would be a better selection to pay your dues if we have a base where you live.
The "turmoil" you describe is a far cry from life at the previous American Eagle. I guess many of you are simply used to it now, but from fresh eyes outside of it, the industry is far more awful then it used to be (intolerable IMO) and Envoy bears no resemblance to the Eagle of 5-8 years ago. None. Your points above do not guarantee stagnation and/or displacement even with another base. Envoy could really only have a chance at one more base, that being MIA and for those in DFW, getting displaced there would be a miserable existence commuting to RSV and likely would only exacerbate attrition from DFW locals who though they'd have a "cakewalk" because some promised them they would. The things Envoy needs to do to prevent contraction are unlikely to be realized as there are simply too many. Adding a base, raising pay and a multitude of other improvements are all massive changes that I don't see happening, at least not enough of them to bring in 35-40 pilots each and every month for the next 5-6 years for today's Bucketeer's to truly have the cakewalk some have promised.

Again, my point is that any pilot going anywhere should not be surprised if their assumptions don't pan out and things change. If there is one common thread running through the regional industry, especially now and MORE especially in the future, it will be "change" and they will have to learn to roll with those changes. The junior cadre on the E-175 in DFW is little different from the airline hopping pilots of 10 years ago who jumped ship for a street captain slot, only to be subsequently displaced to F/O after arriving at that airline months later (or even a year or so). The only difference is pilots are carrier-hopping for different reasons, that being not the seat, but the aircraft and/or domicile. The environment is the same and yet it's now on steroids as the industry goes deeper into the crisis, changes will happen faster, especially because the industry itself hasn't yet come to terms with how they themselves have caused it and appear to be kicking the can until the bill can no longer be delayed.
Old 05-24-2016, 07:41 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2015

Originally Posted by lakehouse View Post
Filler see above in red
Someone besides me admits your own union said they need 40ish hires per month for the upgrade/flow to work. The latest union estimate was upgrade in 3.5 years but that if the company didn't immediately do something then 4.5 years or more.
Old 05-24-2016, 02:11 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2016
Position: E175

So E175s' sims in St.Louis? YGTBSM.
Old 05-24-2016, 02:44 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2014
Position: Feito no Brasil, CA

Why does it matter? You're getting paid.
Old 05-24-2016, 02:47 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by AdiosMikeFox View Post
Why does it matter? You're getting paid.
Im guessing they will provide hotel etc? Cant wait to start sim though. Today was kinda boring I felt asleep several times!
Old 05-24-2016, 02:59 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2012
Position: E-175 CA

Originally Posted by E175 Driver View Post
Im guessing they will provide hotel etc? Cant wait to start sim though. Today was kinda boring I felt asleep several times!
Yes they provide hotels for you during training. After your week of indoc, you're going home for probably a month (with pay) before you come back and start the process of the 175 type rating. 3 days of emergency procedures training, then home again for ~10 days for CBTs, then back to DFW for ground school, then up to STL for Level D sims. In case you were wondering, the sims are the big chokepoint in the training pipeline. They only have the space available for 6 new-hires every two weeks. You'll be paired with a CA who's getting their 175 type as your sim partner. I'm in the 4/25 class and I've got a total of 6 weeks off with pay before I come back and resume training. There's another group that's two weeks behind mine, then the first group of your class should be next up. Don't expect to see a sim before July.
Old 05-24-2016, 03:20 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by Bassman1985 View Post
Yes they provide hotels for you during training. After your week of indoc, you're going home for probably a month (with pay) before you come back and start the process of the 175 type rating. 3 days of emergency procedures training, then home again for ~10 days for CBTs, then back to DFW for ground school, then up to STL for Level D sims. In case you were wondering, the sims are the big chokepoint in the training pipeline. They only have the space available for 6 new-hires every two weeks. You'll be paired with a CA who's getting their 175 type as your sim partner. I'm in the 4/25 class and I've got a total of 6 weeks off with pay before I come back and resume training. There's another group that's two weeks behind mine, then the first group of your class should be next up. Don't expect to see a sim before July.
Wouldn't mind the time off. Time to travel!

Thanks