New Envoy Information

Subscribe
207  257  297  303  304  305  306  307  308  309  310  311  317  357  407 
Page 307 of 690
Go to
Quote: While the overnights at home would be nice, for me, it is about getting the 170, so DFW for now, and hopefully ORD in the future.
A 2 leg commute so you can fly the 175? That's craziness! I've been told GRR to ORD is kinda tough. And I know ORD to DFW is really tough. God luck. If I were you I'd just take ORD and be much happier.
Quote: While the overnights at home would be nice, for me, it is about getting the 170, so DFW for now, and hopefully ORD in the future.
Just curious, but I have a couple of questions about what is motivating some to pronounce their love affair with the E-175.

To wit, what is it about it that makes you sacrifice other quality of life issues just to fly it ? What will you do if you're subsequently displaced out of it ? What benefits do you think it will bring you in how it looks on a resume to other carriers ?

Although I understand many have different reasons, what are some of yours ?
25.84 starting pay 😑
Quote: Just curious, but I have a couple of questions about what is motivating some to pronounce their love affair with the E-175.

To wit, what is it about it that makes you sacrifice other quality of life issues just to fly it ? What will you do if you're subsequently displaced out of it ? What benefits do you think it will bring you in how it looks on a resume to other carriers ?

Although I understand many have different reasons, what are some of yours ?
I'm also curious.
Go to ORD and have a quick 30 minute commute across the lake or drive to work if you absolutely have too. Your life will be exponentially better. Commuting to DFW for the 175 would be the dumbest move ever when you have a base right there. Have you ever sat 3 hours in a CRJ jumpseat? Shove yourself into one of your kitchen cabinets for 3 hours sitting on a bucket, that is what its feels like.. And it's mostly on Mesa, ughhh....

Plus 13 flights a day to ORD vs only 3 a day to DFW.
Quote: I'm also curious.
While I can't say I would chose an airline or a 2 leg commute for a specific aircraft; I can understand those that choose to do so. We are all trying to make our resume look better for the next job, whatever that may be. I think most pilots would agree that an Airbus type would make you more competitive, and of course southwest used to require the 737 type to even be considered. It is possible that the legacies would be more interested in someone with a 170/5 type over a 145 type. Although that is pretty unlikely it is a fact that most of the overseas jobs want a pilot with experience either in a certain type, sometimes a 170/5 or in an aircraft over a certain weight. The 145 and crj200 are both too small to qualify.

So while it may not be the best career decision to defer seniority or qol for a certain type, there is a remote possibility that it could make a difference in some certain circumstances.
Quote: While I can't say I would chose an airline or a 2 leg commute for a specific aircraft; I can understand those that choose to do so. We are all trying to make our resume look better for the next job, whatever that may be. I think most pilots would agree that an Airbus type would make you more competitive, and of course southwest used to require the 737 type to even be considered. It is possible that the legacies would be more interested in someone with a 170/5 type over a 145 type. Although that is pretty unlikely it is a fact that most of the overseas jobs want a pilot with experience either in a certain type, sometimes a 170/5 or in an aircraft over a certain weight. The 145 and crj200 are both too small to qualify.

So while it may not be the best career decision to defer seniority or qol for a certain type, there is a remote possibility that it could make a difference in some certain circumstances.
I have to disagree, but if so, the possibility is VERY remote. When it comes to RJ's (and like it or not, the E-175 is in the RJ class), they are all equal and "jet time" at the regionals is jet time to the legacies and LCC's, etc. I've yet to hear of anyone reporting the regional E-jets as anything other then a neutral factor over other RJ's. Same goes for the CRJ-900, which is of comparable size and weight. Another thing to consider is that with only 40 aircraft at Envoy, unless you're holding a hard line, you're less likely to fly as much as those in fleets with more aircraft, so what DOES count (flight time) will be a likely disadvantage all other things being equal. The SWA 737 issue is apples vs. oranges to this.

It's just my opinion, but I think the philosophy you bring up here would be rationalizing the irrational curb appeal of a desirable aircraft that essentially offers nothing more then the curb appeal aspects themselves. I suppose if your primary target is a far East job in an E-190, maybe, but anything U.S. wise, an RJ is an RJ is an RJ.
Skywest e175 has an ORD Jr. base , That would make more sense . Or just move to dfw
An Envoy recruiter was on here a while back posting pictures of the 175. I guess he thinks it's pretty special.
What's the commute like from Nashville to ORD? I'm currently in DFW but I don't think I will get anything based in DFW. If I end up with ORD I plan on moving back to Nashville.
207  257  297  303  304  305  306  307  308  309  310  311  317  357  407 
Page 307 of 690
Go to