New Envoy Information

Subscribe
208  258  298  304  305  306  307  308  309  310  311  312  318  358  408 
Page 308 of 690
Go to
Quote: Skywest e175 has an ORD Jr. base , That would make more sense . Or just move to dfw
How long to hold a line on the E175 ORD?
Quote: I have to disagree, but if so, the possibility is VERY remote. When it comes to RJ's (and like it or not, the E-175 is in the RJ class), they are all equal and "jet time" at the regionals is jet time to the legacies and LCC's, etc. I've yet to hear of anyone reporting the regional E-jets as anything other then a neutral factor over other RJ's. Same goes for the CRJ-900, which is of comparable size and weight. Another thing to consider is that with only 40 aircraft at Envoy, unless you're holding a hard line, you're less likely to fly as much as those in fleets with more aircraft, so what DOES count (flight time) will be a likely disadvantage all other things being equal. The SWA 737 issue is apples vs. oranges to this.

It's just my opinion, but I think the philosophy you bring up here would be rationalizing the irrational curb appeal of a desirable aircraft that essentially offers nothing more then the curb appeal aspects themselves. I suppose if your primary target is a far East job in an E-190, maybe, but anything U.S. wise, an RJ is an RJ is an RJ.
This...

The plane won't make any difference.
Quote: A 2 leg commute so you can fly the 175? That's craziness! I've been told GRR to ORD is kinda tough. And I know ORD to DFW is really tough. God luck. If I were you I'd just take ORD and be much happier.
There are multiple non-stop flights from GRR to DFW. I don't see commuting as being too horrible. GRR-ORD is only 2.5 to 3 hours driving. If I have to bid ORD, then I will bid ORD.
Quote: There are multiple non-stop flights from GRR to DFW. I don't see commuting as being too horrible. GRR-ORD is only 2.5 to 3 hours driving. If I have to bid ORD, then I will bid ORD.
Remember, you will be a line holder right of the bat with off weekends on the E175. Its easy to commute while holding a line.
Quote: While the overnights at home would be nice, for me, it is about getting the 170, so DFW for now, and hopefully ORD in the future.
What an incredibly horrible decision, commuting is the worst!
Quote: What an incredibly horrible decision, commuting is the worst!
You most be ERJ-CRJ reserve?
Quote: What's the commute like from Nashville to ORD? I'm currently in DFW but I don't think I will get anything based in DFW. If I end up with ORD I plan on moving back to Nashville.
Really tough to go from BNA to ORD. Flights every two hours but always full. United and Southwest also have some good service but never really had looked too indepth
Quote: How long to hold a line on the E175 ORD?
My buddies have been sitting reserve since about August/ September. Not holding lines yet.
Quote: Remember, you will be a line holder right of the bat with off weekends on the E175. Its easy to commute while holding a line.
You forgot to mention the "no reserve clause" if you're hired on the 175. It means you will never have to sit reserve at Envoy as an FO or captain. It also applies to AA after you flow. Amazing!
Quote: You forgot to mention the "no reserve clause" if you're hired on the 175. It means you will never have to sit reserve at Envoy as an FO or captain. It also applies to AA after you flow. Amazing!
And most importantly, when logging time, create a separate column in your logbook called "engine under wing time." I know that this is looked heavily upon at the legacies. They'll be knocking down your door for you to come fly there!
208  258  298  304  305  306  307  308  309  310  311  312  318  358  408 
Page 308 of 690
Go to