New Envoy Information

Subscribe
216  266  306  312  313  314  315  316  317  318  319  320  326  366  416 
Page 316 of 690
Go to
Quote: Jan '16 hire is bottom line holder in ORD on the E145. There are 241 active FO's and June has 189 hard lines.

Aug '15 hire is bottom line holder in ORD on the CRJ. There are 163 active FO's and June has 113 hard lines.

With the vacancy a few months back, FO's are moving off the top, so there's been upward movement the last couple months.
Just looked at the flow plan, 39 more FO's are still scheduled to leave ORD FO positions from June through September, via upgrade and transfer to Dallas FO.

That should create even more movement for ORD FO's over the next couple months.
Did somebody say donuts?
Quote:
However, we are no longer overstaffed and with flow and attrition continuing with very few new hires, something will have to give or we will probably park airplanes by the end of the summer.

Parking airplanes is bad for getting off reserve because your relative seniority stagnates. When I came to Eagle, guys at my current seniority number were junior captains, but I still haven't cracked 50% as an FO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Per the union visit in ORD yesterday, I was told that Pedro has started telling AAG we can't accept additional flying because ALPA has advised them about the lack of new hires. We are maxed out on what our staff can handle unless we acquire more bodies. Something like just over 1500 active pilots. ALPA said they (AAG) has something in the works and is soon to be sent to ALPA. They don't know what it is. Could be a counterproposal, could be a "no", could be a "yes".
New Envoy Information
What's disappointing is that I asked if ALPA has any kind of forward looking gameplan for any upcoming arbitration decision like the preassigned RAPs, ALPA says no, we don't feel we can until a decision is made. Great job.

------------

At least discuss it? I mean can they try to be two steps ahead of the enemy?
https://youtu.be/Vau2hG22DoQ
With all this info the only attractiveness envoy has is a possible flow . Everyone is paying more and staying proactive , while I have noticed no movement with AAG to be one step ahead .
Is Envoy still overstaffed?
Quote: Per the union visit in ORD yesterday, I was told that Pedro has started telling AAG we can't accept additional flying because ALPA has advised them about the lack of new hires. We are maxed out on what our staff can handle unless we acquire more bodies. Something like just over 1500 active pilots. ALPA said they (AAG) has something in the works and is soon to be sent to ALPA. They don't know what it is. Could be a counterproposal, could be a "no", could be a "yes".
IF AAG proposes the following then we have a start.
- significant pay raises for all
- effective schedules
- guarantee to follow the contract
- fix lines( currently trending to 11-12 days off. We have 15 day off lines, problem is, the last trip has 3day carry over, so say you get a line with 15 days off again, it's actually only worth 12 because of carry over
- immediately replace Pedro and Ric, they're the main problem to a lot of this
- fix reserve, forgot to bid last month and had to suffer for a month. I was the senior guy so I made it work. Feel bad for the lower guys, it's a horrible system
- Ric admit he was off on 2.5 and 6. More like 5-6 and 9-10
Many more problems, but if this at bare minimum doesn't happen, envoy should think about closing the doors.
Quote: IF AAG proposes the following then we have a start.
- effective schedules
- fix lines( currently trending to 11-12 days off. We have 15 day off lines, problem is, the last trip has 3day carry over, so say you get a line with 15 days off again, it's actually only worth 12 because of carry over
- fix reserve, forgot to bid last month and had to suffer for a month. I was the senior guy so I made it work. Feel bad for the lower guys, it's a horrible system
Many more problems, but if this at bare minimum doesn't happen, envoy should think about closing the doors.
Don't forget about b****face JE. She needs to go to.
Quote: IF AAG proposes the following then we have a start.
- effective schedules
So Ric admits the 2.5/5.5 was a farce? So now 5-6/9-10?

Like I've said before, if you are outside the 824 and don't want to make Envoy a long term career, I would seriously consider other options. The LCCs are obvious choices to start but it's not easy getting in at JetBlue, Spirit or Virgin.

I would certainly work for AA if given the choice but getting there via the flow outside the 824 will be very long term at best.

I'm beginning to think that even the last 300 or so 824 could have a problem getting over. Apparently Pedro is telling AAG that Envoy cannot accept any additional flying due to staffing. It seems Envoy is done shrinking and with regular attrition, this fall you will see big problems unless AAG starts parking planes. It's a big shell game there though as Envoy is currently covering RAH, PSA and Mesa to name three.

AAG/Envoy doesn't address anything head on until a full blown crisis is staring them in the face. I can see a full blown crisis hitting late this year or earlier.
216  266  306  312  313  314  315  316  317  318  319  320  326  366  416 
Page 316 of 690
Go to