Notices
Envoy Airlines Regional Airline

New Envoy Information

Old 06-20-2016, 07:47 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2014

Originally Posted by Mistek89 View Post
While that is true , I still believe envoy will turn around and will be able to attract new hires once they raise their pay, which rumor has it will be the highest .
This is a very naive way of choosing an airline.
Old 06-20-2016, 08:25 AM
Banned

Joined APC: Jun 2008

While that is true , I still believe envoy will turn around and will be able to attract new hires once they raise their pay, which rumor has it will be the highest .
Haven't they already pretty much done that for new-hires ?

A pay cut the second year coupled with a snail race to the left seat won't likely change anything and even if Envoy instituted pay raises (wait till the APA throws Parker's claim of not altering CBA's outside of section 6 back in his face after that), it wouldn't be by much, maybe a buck or two per hour.

I still have difficulty seeing a stampede to Envoy indoc with that. Remember, pilots are notorious for career paralyzation when it comes to unsucklng themselves from their present bosom unless it has run dry. The non-121 stream is all but dry now and the idea the WO's will "churn" anything outside themselves is folly IMO.
Old 06-20-2016, 09:33 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2013

Originally Posted by penaltybox View Post
This is a very naive way of choosing an airline.
I wouldn't say it's naive , I have spent many weeks researching and talking with people , while my first option everyone seems to be happy , I feel that envoy will do somethng and will be the airline of choice , along with the flow it will be a nice option if no one bites .
Old 06-20-2016, 10:59 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jun 2016

I wouldn't say it's naive , I have spent many weeks researching and talking with people , while my first option everyone seems to be happy , I feel that envoy will do somethng and will be the airline of choice , along with the flow it will be a nice option if no one bites .
"Flow" huh?

So how well versed are you regarding arbitration?
Old 06-20-2016, 12:22 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2015

What did I miss ? Every pilot that I have talked to seems to be happy for the most past here . They did inform me of the usual.
Two things, you said here you don't work here yet, so was that a slip or do you work here and are trying to make envoy sound good? Because nobody on here said it was a good place.
Old 06-20-2016, 12:23 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2015

That was already laughed off last week. You obviously work for envoy management
Old 06-20-2016, 12:24 PM
Gets Weekends Off

I don't work here, trying to decide which route to go , I have just talked to pilots that I know work at envoy .
Old 06-20-2016, 12:42 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2015

I don't work here, trying to decide which route to go , I have just talked to pilots that I know work at envoy .
Coming here is a risky choice that has the potential to pay off huge. As I've said before, if you are young and live close to DFW or ORD I would come here. That's my opinion. The potential for a 30 plus year at AA is nothing to scoff at. If it pans out awe$ome!! If it doesn't, nothing is stopping you from applying elsewhere.

Good luck in training.
Old 06-20-2016, 12:47 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2007

That's a good attitude to have and something a lot of people have used to their advantage regarding the flow thru over the last five years since the current round of arbitrations and agreements have taken effect. I think the number of guys who have benefited from those agreements is approaching 1000 pilots.

I am also of the belief that take home income will also continue to be pushed up especially for FOs over the next 6-12 months.

Even with all that being said if Envoy doesn't fit your needs down the road you always have the ability to make a change whether it's a lateral move, LLC or trying to find a street captain spot somewhere.

Enjoy driving to work while your here though. That aspect alone will make the job much better. Good luck to you.
Old 06-20-2016, 03:16 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Its worth a shot, it will either work or it wont and in the mean time just keep sending out apps .