New Envoy Information

Subscribe
303  353  393  399  400  401  402  403  404  405  406  407  413  453  503 
Page 403 of 690
Go to
If any prospective new hires want a truthful and unbiased opinion on envoy, for better or worse, feel free to PM me. I'm a reserve Captain and will tell you the good parts and bad parts about coming here. There's a few bitter ex-employees that have clogged up what could be a good source of info so I'd be more then happy to answer any questions in a PM format.
I would be highly skeptical of anyone offering to "help" you understand envoy. There are a gaggle of notorious salesmen here that will put the hard sell on you to get you through the door. They need new hires so they can move on from envoy.
11 new hires started yesterday. All of them got DFW E175. That's 22 new hires for the month.
Quote: 11 new hires started yesterday. All of them got DFW E175. That's 22 new hires for the month.
Don't you dare to say we are getting people!!! That's not good for the "ex-eagle" pilots.
Quote: 11 new hires started yesterday. All of them got DFW E175. That's 22 new hires for the month.
You are getting a few extra guys right now because you are putting them into the 175. How about the guys who walked out when they didn't get the 175?

Even with the 15 plus you are getting last month plus this month, you will still average hiring only 15 per month by year end. Your VP of ops plan calls for 35-40 new hires each and every month to get the 2.5/6 plan, which has been jettisoned from what I hear. Now he's calling it 3 years for upgrades. That still won't work with 15 per month.
Quote: There's a few bitter ex-employees that have clogged up what could be a good source of info so I'd be more then happy to answer any questions in a PM format.
100% Agree. The butt-hurt in here seems to grow every week. Mostly by people who do not work at Envoy anymore or who never have.
Went through the interview process today and was offered a class date. I have to say that everyone at Envoy was extremely friendly and helpful. I'm looking forward to whatever plane I can get on ORD. See you on the line soon.
Quote: Went through the interview process today and was offered a class date. I have to say that everyone at Envoy was extremely friendly and helpful. I'm looking forward to whatever plane I can get on ORD. See you on the line soon.
Great attitude, welcome!
Quote: Went through the interview process today and was offered a class date. I have to say that everyone at Envoy was extremely friendly and helpful. I'm looking forward to whatever plane I can get on ORD. See you on the line soon.
Welcome to Envoy and to the ORD base. ORD (in my opinion) has the best crews. Whatever plane you get, I think you'll be happy. Also the staff at the office is very helpful. The flying is great and O'hare is a great airport to learn to fly around in an airline environment. Living in base rocks too. Don't listen to the negativity, come with a great attitude and you will be fine. The attitude on the line is way different. There's grouchy people but there's also very optimistic people.
Quote: You are getting a few extra guys right now because you are putting them into the 175. How about the guys who walked out when they didn't get the 175?

Even with the 15 plus you are getting last month plus this month, you will still average hiring only 15 per month by year end. Your VP of ops plan calls for 35-40 new hires each and every month to get the 2.5/6 plan, which has been jettisoned from what I hear. Now he's calling it 3 years for upgrades. That still won't work with 15 per month.
To address a couple points: The company is offering extra cash to take the CRJ or 145 now. The last class (before the one Monday) had no one walk out. I find it pretty ridiculous to offer $$ for that, but it's working (so far) so your assertion may have been true at one point but does not seem to be any more.

Your second point, that 2.5/6 has been jettisoned, if you have anything official on that, please tell us. The latest email from Ric did not include "2.5/6" but there has been at least one other email where it has been omitted, only for it to reappear in the next. Do I believe in that claim? Hell no, but what you're saying doesn't appear to be factual, unless there is something you know that the rest of the ENY pilots don't.

I guess my point is that things are obviously lousy at ENY, but spreading "I heard"s and things that that may have been true once but aren't any more sure make it seem like you have an axe to grind and are just lobbing grenades for the fun of it instead of contributing to any meaningful discussion. It's a free message board though, do what you feel.
303  353  393  399  400  401  402  403  404  405  406  407  413  453  503 
Page 403 of 690
Go to