Envoy Airlines Regional Airline

New Envoy Information

Old 11-11-2015, 08:45 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2007
Position: EMB145 CA

Originally Posted by eaglefly View Post
No such guarantee exists.

All that exists in this respect are present projections that imply it is possible for such a pilot to theoretically achieve that result in that time frame, but that is NOT the same as a guarantee. If such a thing existed, it would be in iron-clad contractual language.

Considering one must accept that there is motive for some to insinuate such a claim, it makes it even more obvious that NO pilot should assume such a thing.
He was using conditional language. That COULD happen. That is what is projected to happen if things continue as planned today. There is a guaranteed job when this pilots number is called
Old 11-11-2015, 08:56 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2010

No such guarantee exists.
It is as much as a guarantee that United or Delta might call that person for an interview and they might be among the 85% interviewees who are offered a job. There are over 600 pilots that have flowed over to AA in the last 4 years that say its a pretty good chance.

So far, your argument carries about as much weight as, "well, assuming a meteorite doesn't hit the earth and destroy all humanity before that time comes."

But since you like to sow such distrust for the flow, name me one time that FT hasn't worked as advertised since Parker took over?

(They should have flowed over 6 guys in July 2015 but the next month they flowed 18 at 100% of the class)
Old 11-11-2015, 10:07 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2011

Originally Posted by emb145 View Post

Hopefully you have apps in at the Big 3, Alaska, Jetblue, Spirit, Virgin, etc. I wouldn't sit around Envoy waiting on the big flow if any of the above call.
Most do, but have become much pickier than they would be without the flow.

I am a CA outside the 824 and now have completely crossed off the list Jetblue, Spirit and Virgin recently, and Especially Frontier where it could take me 7-8 years just to get back to my current hourly rate. They use to all be on my list of actively sought after but not anymore as things grow closer, with the flow working as it has been it would be a huge financial mistake long term to go to one of those places. Not saying they aren't better than here, because they are (well except Frontier if you are a current Captain already).

Most people I know here are in the same boat now. Junior FOs sure, they can go anywhere.. but 6-10+ years of seniority here? Getting to be a lot tougher decision to go LCC if that isn't what you want long term, with big flow numbers looming.. Most people 10+ years of seniority are 90% waiting on AA Flow, or half heartedly seeking the big 3 only, plus a few that really want SWA/ALASKA..

Last edited by RyanP; 11-11-2015 at 10:17 AM.
Old 11-11-2015, 10:17 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Feb 2011

Do Envoy pilots on military leave retain travel benefits?
Old 11-11-2015, 12:13 PM
Banned

Joined APC: Jun 2008

Originally Posted by Aviatrx View Post
He was using conditional language. That COULD happen. That is what is projected to happen if things continue as planned today. There is a guaranteed job when this pilots number is called
No, he stated it as a guarantee. Your last sentance is a good description, though with the key term "when" as any number of scenarios could result in that number being called much later then 6 years and it is even within the realm of possibility that should Envoy be dissolved in a consolidation scenario, even eliminated.
Old 11-11-2015, 12:21 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by FlameNSky View Post
It is as much as a guarantee that United or Delta might call that person for an interview and they might be among the 85% interviewees who are offered a job. There are over 600 pilots that have flowed over to AA in the last 4 years that say its a pretty good chance.
There is no guarantee either of the United/Delta scenario, so yes, it is just as much of a wildcard as those, I agree.

So far, your argument carries about as much weight as, "well, assuming a meteorite doesn't hit the earth and destroy all humanity before that time comes."
My point exactly about the guarantee's you are trying to sell here.

But since you like to sow such distrust for the flow, name me one time that FT hasn't worked as advertised since Parker took over?

(They should have flowed over 6 guys in July 2015 but the next month they flowed 18 at 100% of the class)
You answered your own question at the bottom. It doesn't matter what has occured in the past or present as those are VERY poor indicators of what might happen in the future. Last year or today (at least so far), you wern't hit by a truck crossing the street, but only a fool would think that insulates them from what might occur in the future. The good news for your nervous system is that not one single pilot is likely to disregard the consideration of coming to Envoy based on my highlighting your assumptions and inaccuracies. The bad news is that not one single pilot is likely to run with open arms TO Envoy as a result of your full-tilt boogie sales pitch.

The pilots that truly will make that difference simply aren't out there in the numbers Envoy needs long-term.
Old 11-11-2015, 12:26 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by RyanP View Post
Most do, but have become much pickier than they would be without the flow.

I am a CA outside the 824 and now have completely crossed off the list Jetblue, Spirit and Virgin recently, and Especially Frontier where it could take me 7-8 years just to get back to my current hourly rate. They use to all be on my list of actively sought after but not anymore as things grow closer, with the flow working as it has been it would be a huge financial mistake long term to go to one of those places. Not saying they aren't better than here, because they are (well except Frontier if you are a current Captain already).

Most people I know here are in the same boat now. Junior FOs sure, they can go anywhere.. but 6-10+ years of seniority here? Getting to be a lot tougher decision to go LCC if that isn't what you want long term, with big flow numbers looming.. Most people 10+ years of seniority are 90% waiting on AA Flow, or half heartedly seeking the big 3 only, plus a few that really want SWA/ALASKA..
This is the problem of Envoy's ability to paich pilots from other carriers. Most captains at those carriers wouldn't consider starting at the bottom of Envoy for a theortetical slot at AA at some point many years down the road. The more junior, younger F/O's at other regionals for the most part still believe they aren't "over the hill" and/or ARE targeting those LCC carriers and are hesitant to shoot craps starting over at another regional. The true new-hires for regionals are a drop in the bucket and that is unlikely to prop up Envoy at present staffing.

I agree the senior, older pilots at Envoy know the realities and it is they that will take advantage of the AA flow as they should. That serves Parkers need in the present, but Parker loves to claim the world has changed when he needs it to and you can be sure it WILL change again in the relatively near future.
Old 11-11-2015, 01:05 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2015

If a new hire chooses Envoy over say OO, and the flow to AA somehow stopped in say 3-5 years from now for whatever reason, how worse off would the Envoy pilot be comparatively in terms of moving on toward a major or LCC? Aside from the lower pay compared to OO, wouldn't they be in pretty much the same position? Also, what if the majors do take the majority of flying back in-house in say 3-5 years. How would that affect today's new hire (who likely may not have the TPIC yet) that chose OO? ENY?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 11-11-2015, 01:06 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2010

You answered your own question at the bottom. It doesn't matter what has occured in the past or present as those are VERY poor indicators of what might happen in the future. Last year or today (at least so far), you wern't hit by a truck crossing the street, but only a fool would think that insulates them from what might occur in the future. The good news for your nervous system is that not one single pilot is likely to disregard the consideration of coming to Envoy based on my highlighting your assumptions and inaccuracies. The bad news is that not one single pilot is likely to run with open arms TO Envoy as a result of your full-tilt boogie sales pitch.

The pilots that truly will make that difference simply aren't out there in the numbers Envoy needs long-term.
So I'll take this as, "No I can't think of a single instance in which the flow failed to work as advertised under Parker, so I'll just deflect your question with philosophical BS."

It's funny to think how inflated a perception of yourself you have. No one takes your biased rants seriously. Most know your a bitter man with a grudge.
Old 11-11-2015, 01:53 PM
Banned

So I'll take this as, "No I can't think of a single instance in which the flow failed to work as advertised under Parker, so I'll just deflect your question with philosophical BS."

It's funny to think how inflated a perception of yourself you have. No one takes your biased rants seriously. Most know your a bitter man with a grudge.
By your own admission kid, in July 2015 the flow FAILED under Parker. It doesn't matter what was done to correct that later. But that was NOT my point, only your misguided ramblings to try and convince yourself and others your world of fantasy based on assumptions, projections and hypotheticals is unalterable.

It has NOTHING to do with me, that is simply also a byproduct of your obviously delusion-based existence. Again, claiming that it's certain the flow will not change or stop based on what happened yesterday, last month or a year ago is silly. I strongly doubt anyone here takes your desperate veiled pleading and begging, nor your overt selling here seriously either.

But by all means...............carry on ! If anything, it's entertaining. Demented and sad, but entertaining.