Uncontrolled Airport Mexico

Subscribe
Hey guys. Quick question:

Flying my clients around part 91 down here in Mexico. Is departing IFR from an uncontrolled airport here the same as in the states? (Pick up in the air).

Kinda tough question cause VFR is prohibited at night, and we need to depart from MMDA back to MMMZ around 6pm.
See 91.703. ICAO Annex 2, Rules of the Air might apply in Mexico. 14 CFR does not apply outside the US. Check with the Mexican DGAC or ask AOPA.
Yea, been scouring Annex 2 and the Rules and Procedures section of the South America Jepp Airway Manual for Mexico. Good idea with the AOPA. I was gonna check in with DGAC on departure in MMMZ, and if necessary, just fly VFR from MMDA to MMLT and then get IFR there. It's a bit tricky down here.
go pay the ATC at your nearest airport a visit and ask them. You'll make friends along the way that may help you on down the road.
In the USA, I would get an clearance on the ground and void time, they may not have that in Mexico, but departing in the blind and taking off is taking more chances, which can be mitigated here.
Quote: Hey guys. Quick question:

Flying my clients around part 91 down here in Mexico. Is departing IFR from an uncontrolled airport here the same as in the states? (Pick up in the air).

Kinda tough question cause VFR is prohibited at night, and we need to depart from MMDA back to MMMZ around 6pm.
Try posting herehttps://www.bushpilotsinternational....?action=recent

These guys are a great source have the most up to date local knowledge for flying US A/C while in MX.
post same question on FSMEX.COM