Considering Applying to Kalitta Charters

Subscribe
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to
Hi All,

New to APC Forums, but have read through here over the last few months. Curious if anyone else has any pros/cons about the company. A friend has worked there for a year and went over a few of the details. I've heard they are looking to go to a two week on, two week off schedule after they hire more pilots.

I know Kalitta Air had some issues with reputation in the industry based on mx issues and various other problems. As the charter company is owned by a different family member, are there improved/better things?

Working on the 4-year degree online, haven't met reqs for ATP-Restricted.

My background/experience is:
-Commercial/Multi/Instrument
-Complex, High Alt., High Performance, Tailwheel Endorsements
-RVSM Authorization
-Type Rating: N-265 (SIC Only)
925 TT
550 PIC
460 X-C
50 Multi
60 Instrument (Actual & Simulated)
Curious as well to what others have to say. 2 weeks on/2 weeks off would be nice. I have heard this rumor as well. Is it worth it?
schedule is 2 on 1 off....
Quote: schedule is 2 on 1 off....
I've heard it will probably be 2 on/2 off from a friend of mine who just got hired.
Quote: schedule is 2 on 1 off....
I realize that, rumor is they want to hire enough to go to 2 on 2 off, but keep the same 51 hr/month guarantee. Basically a number of people left because not happy, company in a pinch and realized couldn't afford not to change policies.

Again, most curious about Kalitta Charters reputation vs Kalitta Air
Could Kalitta II be a career job? Is it possible to come here from a regional and reasonably expect to stay employed for an entire career or is there a reasonable expectation that it will go out of business in 10 yrs?
Quote: Could Kalitta II be a career job? Is it possible to come here from a regional and reasonably expect to stay employed for an entire career or is there a reasonable expectation that it will go out of business in 10 yrs?
Kalitta isn't going anywhere. The demand for "on-demand" freighters is very much alive.
Same here
I applied and am about to take the new hire test. Found a thread here full of...disgust and potential strike....at Kalitta air but finally found the difference. Got confirmation through a different thread that they are indeed different units but mostly wanting to see what I'm getting into.

Pretty similar hours here. 940tt, 30 me... been instructing for six months and never any line experience.
I'm in the same boat....about 750tt and got the call from them last week. Took the preinterview test and have the interview date set. No line experience or anything. Have heard mixed reviews of them, but overall most have been positive.
The guarantee will change along with the schedule. Still working out the details of the schedule change. It is going to happen though.
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to