Pilot shortage.

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 4 of 5
Go to
Which is it? Swimming in resumes OR good careers go begging?
Swimming in resumes doesn't mean there are plenty of experienced, international pilots.

GF
Quote: I'm hiring for 2 corporate positions and swimming in resumes. All ATPs with 5,000+ hours, heavy corporate iron time, ex-mil and some all civil.

Quote:
Funny thing, there is a shortage of experienced pilots for the corporates.
This is confusing.
Quote: This is confusing.
Only when you make partial quotes and take out of context. The rest of his statement, which you left out, explained his point quite clearly. Did you miss it?
Quote: Only when you make partial quotes and take out of context. The rest of his statement, which you left out, explained his point quite clearly. Did you miss it?
It is confusing. He states he is swimming in resumes of guys with 5000+ hours with lots of corporate experience, then expains there aren't many pilots with corporate experience. Maybe you missed it. (Yes, many going to majors, but clearly enough are obviously applying to his position! "Swimming"...)
I know more than a couple pilots that have moved from good F100 corporate jobs to major airline positions, and a number of others in corporate positions well inside F500 that have done or are trying to do same.

I also know some F500 jobs are poaching pilots from other, good, F500 positions.

That said, it is still difficult for a light cabin guy to break directly into the 91 large cabin world.

Rising tide lifts all ships, and changing winds allow movement in plenty of directions.
Quote: I can't be the only one who found this reply absolutely hysterical...
Yes, pilot training has been dumbed down or SOME pilots are just plane dumb.

A newly minted CFI had a technical interview and was asked about the vacuum instruments. He kind of described them but insisted that they had to be operated in a vacuum. END OF INTERVIEW.
Quote: It is confusing. He states he is swimming in resumes of guys with 5000+ hours with lots of corporate experience, then expains there aren't many pilots with corporate experience. Maybe you missed it. (Yes, many going to majors, but clearly enough are obviously applying to his position! "Swimming"...)
Again you've misquoted his post, as well as taken it out of context. Do you have difficulty reading, or is this intentional?
Why did JetBlue start ab-initio training?

Why are UAL and DAL planning ab-initio???
Airline managers believe there will not be enough qualified pilots in the pipeline in a few years.
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 4 of 5
Go to