Clarity Aloft Pro

Subscribe
1  2  3 
Page 3 of 3
Go to
Are the earpieces on the Aloft more comfortable than regular earplugs? I get sick of wearing them constantly. What about custom earpieces? Anyone know if they are available and block external noise as well as an ear canal plug? I also get sick of over the ear because of sunglasses, clamping, etc.
To all the guys with CA. If you keep your dirty foam tips and put them in a lingerie bag and throw them in the washing machine on hot with bleach, they clean up to about 85% of new ones. I leave them out to dry for a day or two. I've probably washed mine 3 times now and they work just fine. Saved me about $90 so far.
Anyone know anything about taking your non-TSO approved headset to the radio/avionics guys at your company and getting it altered and TSO approved? I've heard you can do this with light speed zulus
Quote: Are the earpieces on the Aloft more comfortable than regular earplugs? I get sick of wearing them constantly. What about custom earpieces? Anyone know if they are available and block external noise as well as an ear canal plug? I also get sick of over the ear because of sunglasses, clamping, etc.
For me they were less comfortable than regular ear plugs. The squishy part of the ear tip has a thin profile because it surrounds the plastic part it connects to.
Quote: I've used the CA for about 2500 hours on C-172, PA-28, PA-44, DA-42, E-145, and now E-175. The ONLY complaint I have is that on the 145, it picks up a lot of wind noise and depending on the air-frame, has some NAV/COMM2 bleed-over when the mic is on. I've flown with people who have the TSO CA on the 145 and the bleed-over is really bad with that version. The non-TSO, not so much. Ironic much?

I love this headset. It's cool on hot days and I can wear whatever sunglasses I want.

I also have the Telex 850 and it not only hurt my ears on long flights, but the altitude alerter is so loud that it's painful. I can keep the volumes down very low with the CA. Good for my hearing.

As a 145 driver, I think I'll stick with my A20s
I ended up buying the bose. I read too many comments about noise issues in the 145, which I fly. Thanks for the feedback everyone.
1  2  3 
Page 3 of 3
Go to