Average line values

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 2 of 5
Go to
What's more important is the amount of days off with those credit values. High average daily credit is the name of the game. As a senior Compass FO, I managed close to a 6 hour daily credit average for trips. My last shop had a lot of 15-17 hour 4 days..
how many hours a month flying at compass?
Quote: Horizon 80.5 hours with 5 week bid, or 69 hour monthly guarantee.
Now that's a bit pessimistic...

80.5/35x365/12 = 69.958 hours per month.

Reserve guarantee works out to 74.998 hours per month.
Quote: I should add to my previous comment, unless you're super senior you can not get less that 89hrs of credit per month as an FO in ORD at the moment. My awarded block hours tends to be over awarded credit hours. Come to SkyWest if you want to fly a lot. If you want just monthly guarantee look elsewhere. You'll be worked here.
Even the senior pilots can't bid down. I bid 20% and I haven't been awarded under 90 hours in 2 years. My minimum line credit value this month at 20% was 89:06.
Quote: What's more important is the amount of days off with those credit values.
That is definitely the name of the game. Make the most amount of money while minimizing the amount of time away from home.
Piedmont: ~81-84 hours for lineholders (used to be closer to 88-89 hours prior to Part 117.) Contract says lines have to be built between 80-90 hours. Lineholders generally don't do a lot of DHing. 75 hour min guarantee. Trip rig is 4 hours/day (averaged over the trip...ie one day could be 2.5 hrs and another 7, as long as it averages above 4 for the trip. DH-only days pay a minimum of 4 hours.) Mix of 1/2/3/4 day trips, but lines average ~12 days off per month and are rarely commutable. No idea what the new PHL base will look like.

I'd say I have averaged right around 90-93 hours of credit after over-block and soft pay over the last 4 years, and I don't pick up open time.
Quote: Even the senior pilots can't bid down. I bid 20% and I haven't been awarded under 90 hours in 2 years. My minimum line credit value this month at 20% was 89:06.
Just got my line award for next month, at 48% and was awarded 101hrs. 12 more than minimum. I always bid "max days off" which is supposed to keep line value to its lowest possible. Evidently this month that's 101. Rediculous. (PBS got creative on me and with one standup and one deadhead was able to keep my block to 95hrs.)
Sounds like Skywest one of the worst schedule/bidding systems in the industry along with some of the worst reserve rules.
On average I fly about 70-80 hours per month, and credit over 110 each month.
Xjt crj block-80 credit-107 days off-14
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 2 of 5
Go to