Need Advice or Help

Subscribe
1  2 
Page 2 of 2
Go to
I'm thinking about going to ATP, first the private pilot (60 days) and then the airline career programs (90 days fast track). Do you guys think this is a good decision or should I think about going to the self-paced program (4 and 10 months).
I've never been a fan of fast track. It's too much crammed into a short time period with not enough of a chance to season your skills. That's just my opinion, though. The 90 day program seems to be quite popular.
So you would suggest the 4 Months for the Private Pilot and then the 90 day Fast Track for the airline carrer course?
No, not really. 90 days to go from PPL through all your CFI ratings is not a great way to turn out competent CFI's. In spite of this, the 90 day program seems to be quite popular.
Welcome aboard EugeneZ.

I'm just about in the same position as you are. I'm a junior in high school and look forward to hopefully making a life out of flying. I'm currently working on my PPL now and will hopefully have that finished up by April.

Please research any flight school or college before making your final decision. I was really looking into going to ERAU when I found this forum and read the thread on them. They completely convinced me that it was a big waste of money and life.

AOPA is a help in finding school's that offer an aviation degree or the certificates. Just check out this link:

http://flighttraining.aopa.org/learn...tion_colleges/

I ran into a website that listed a whole bunch of schools and aviation colleges and would let you request information from the schools through their website. I just ran down the list and requested information from every school. In the next two weeks, I got a whole stack of information on different schools and filtered through them to see which ones I liked and which ones I didn't. I wish I had the URL for you but I can't remember it.

Another "tip" I've learned on this website is don't get an aviation degree. Diversify yourself and get a degree in something else you enjoy. I'm thinking on getting a Business Administration degree and hoping that it may help out in the Corporate side of aviation. From what I've read, as long as you have a degree, it really doesn't matter.

Be sure to check out that link, you may find something nearby that suits your needs.

--Okie Pilot
Quote: Welcome aboard EugeneZ.

I'm just about in the same position as you are. I'm a junior in high school and look forward to hopefully making a life out of flying. I'm currently working on my PPL now and will hopefully have that finished up by April.

Please research any flight school or college before making your final decision. I was really looking into going to ERAU when I found this forum and read the thread on them. They completely convinced me that it was a big waste of money and life.

AOPA is a help in finding school's that offer an aviation degree or the certificates. Just check out this link:

http://flighttraining.aopa.org/learn...tion_colleges/

I ran into a website that listed a whole bunch of schools and aviation colleges and would let you request information from the schools through their website. I just ran down the list and requested information from every school. In the next two weeks, I got a whole stack of information on different schools and filtered through them to see which ones I liked and which ones I didn't. I wish I had the URL for you but I can't remember it.

Another "tip" I've learned on this website is don't get an aviation degree. Diversify yourself and get a degree in something else you enjoy. I'm thinking on getting a Business Administration degree and hoping that it may help out in the Corporate side of aviation. From what I've read, as long as you have a degree, it really doesn't matter.

Be sure to check out that link, you may find something nearby that suits your needs.

--Okie Pilot
Sounds very familiar.

I myself was planning on going to RAA before I read this forum. But now after going through all the different flight school that people recommended here ( ex. Delta Conn. ) I am probably going with ATP as most pilots here say it is excellent and the instructors from there are on here too and say how popular and great its getting.

Thanks for the help though. And that link was helpful! I appreciate it. Eugene.
1  2 
Page 2 of 2
Go to