UAL Scope, Jan 2016, 70 seat aircraft

Subscribe
1  2  3 
Page 2 of 3
Go to
Quote: RAH's 170's seem like an obvious target.
"CEO Bryan Bedford also revealed on the earnings call that Republic has a tentative agreement in place to cancel orders for 24 E175 aircraft. Those planes were supposed to be flown for United Continental. "

full original article
I'm pretty sure skyw is slated to lose 30-someone United 700s at the end of 2015. Buuuut, typically when airplanes come offline the company communicates that to the pilot group. They haven't spoken a word directly about it. wait and see.
IMO you will see Skywest pull down uax 700s and replace them with 175s. Those 700s will end up somewhere else with different colors by a different airline to replace someone else's 170s and erjs.
I'm pretty sure it's supposed to be Skywest 700s as well. I'm sure they'll be painted flying elsewhere in no time. What major market is still missing larger RJs start there.
Quote: Pretty sure the older SKW 700s are already identified as getting parked. I know Mesa's and believe gojet's are contracted thru 2020/2021.
That and I believe (someone correct me if I'm wrong on this) UAL is footing the bill to install wifi on all of Mesa's CRJ-700's. So I don't imagine they will be going away for awhile.
Quote: IMO you will see Skywest pull down uax 700s and replace them with 175s. Those 700s will end up somewhere else with different colors by a different airline to replace someone else's 170s and erjs.
The 700 is done. When they are up they are up. With the new inspections they are too expensive to operate.
Quote: That and I believe (someone correct me if I'm wrong on this) UAL is footing the bill to install wifi on all of Mesa's CRJ-700's. So I don't imagine they will be going away for awhile.
Didn't ual just pay for wifi on the Skw 700's that they are supposedly retiring?
Quote: Didn't ual just pay for wifi on the Skw 700's that they are supposedly retiring?
No one has ever accused United of being smart. I do believe Republic's staffing issues have saved the 700...for now.
Quote: Didn't ual just pay for wifi on the Skw 700's that they are supposedly retiring?
Delta spent millions updating the 747 interiors, just to turn around and start parking them about a year later.
Quote: No one has ever accused United of being smart. I do believe Republic's staffing issues have saved the 700...for now.
Quote: Delta spent millions updating the 747 interiors, just to turn around and start parking them about a year later.
My point exactly. To the guy I quoted, just because they install wifi doesn't mean ****, mesa's 700's are on the chopping block along with everyone else's
1  2  3 
Page 2 of 3
Go to