Turkish F-16 Shoots Down Su-24

Subscribe
1  2  3  4 
Page 3 of 4
Go to
Quote: What??!!
They're doing what our leadership is to weak to do.
Reports saying Assad forces rescued the downed Co-Pilot and he has RTB. Co-Pilot stated they know the area like the back of their hand and were not over the border (that angle strip is 1.85mi wide). Also stated that no warnings issued visually or over the radio.
Glad one made it home.

Missing Russian jet pilot 'alive and well' in Syria - BBC News

http://sputniknews.com/russia/201511...violation.html
Our military disagrees with the fencer pilot on both the track and the warnings. Multiple warnngs, too many to count were reported.
I was listening to NPR in the car yesterday, and they reported there was video of the Turks shooting at the pilots while they were in the silk, and one of them was killed....so isn't there evidence now of a war crime?
Allegedly, the shooting was done by Turkmen rebels in Syria.

Turkmen are ethnic Turks who live in northern Syria. Some observers believe the Russians were bombing them, since they are anti-Assad, but Turkey is secretly allied with them.

This border incursion was a flimsy excuse to engage and cover Turkey's true rationale.

And yes, shooting at someone in a parachute is a war crime....assuming you can hold an abstract body such as "rebel group" accountable.

Or if we even subscribe to the notion that somehow, the waging of war can be made "civilized."
Quote: I was listening to NPR in the car yesterday, and they reported there was video of the Turks shooting at the pilots while they were in the silk, and one of them was killed....so isn't there evidence now of a war crime?
Were the people shooting at them signatories to Protocol 1 of the 1949 Geneva Convetions?
Doubtful.
Quote: They're doing what our leadership is to weak to do.
Propping up a savage dictator by indiscriminately flinging unguided weapons everywhere Daesh is not? I won't argue our strategy isn't flawed but Putin is no one to get all damp in your panties over.
Quote: Our military disagrees with the fencer pilot on both the track and the warnings.
For now......

How many times was the story/narrative altered or changed by our government over the air strike that hit the hospital? Or over other events for that matter?

NOTHING is what it seems till the facts are revealed. Especially when you factor in all the sides, factions, and frenemies involved in this one.
Quote: For now......

How many times was the story/narrative altered or changed by our government over the air strike that hit the hospital? Or over other events for that matter?

NOTHING is what it seems till the facts are revealed. Especially when you factor in all the sides, factions, and frenemies involved in this one.
Could be I heard the warning on the tube today. It sounded an awful lot like the warnings we used to get from our side in Korea when we were playing in the DMZ. Both governments are acting like thugs in Syria. Russia is bombing Turkey's allies because they are attacking Russia's allies. I am shocked that the Turks were a little over protective. As far as the shooting at chutes; one guy lived and the other aparently was killed on the ground, if there was shooting at chutes it wasnt very effective.
Quote: Both governments are acting like thugs in Syria.
1  2  3  4 
Page 3 of 4
Go to