Citi says 65% Chance of recession next year

Subscribe
1  2 
Page 2 of 2
Go to
Quote: Interesting reading about why Saudi is not cutting production:

Why is Saudi Arabia lowering the price of crude oil?
https://www.quora.com/Why-is-Saudi-A...e-of-crude-oil

Another interesting reading, not about oil but about recession. From the Jerome Levy Forecasting Center (David Levy predicted 2008, his grandpa predicted 1929):

Why the Global Economy Is Facing Recession
Reference the date of this article. This has been going on for at least a year and a half and it appears to be working to some extent. See companies like Magnum Hunter whose stock price dropped 95% in the past 8 months and who was recently delisted from the exchange. These smallish U.S./Canadian oil exploration companies and drillers can't afford cheap petroleum for very long.

This said, I take little stock in what one analyst says about the chance of a recession. Sure, it might happen, but we can't base all our financial decisions based off analysts.
Quote: Why do you assume that a yes vote to this AIP can only be out of fear?
Just responding to posts that indicate this.

Also some want instant cash, not willing to be patient. I'm sure there are other reasons also, such as making furloughed pilots whole.
Quote: Just responding to posts that indicate this.

Also some want instant cash, not willing to be patient. I'm sure there are other reasons also, such as making furloughed pilots whole.
I can't vote but, "a bird in hand is worth two in the bush" comes to mind, as does "a dollar today is worth more than a dollar tomorrow."
Quote: You're right. We may be in better financial condition than we are today.
It's dropping because the world economy is slowing.
Quote: It's dropping because the world economy is slowing.
Disagree in part. The big driver is policy decisions and the internal opec war that drives those policies. Much maneuvering going on.

Scott
1  2 
Page 2 of 2
Go to