CFI/CFII and MEI

Subscribe
1  2 
Page 2 of 2
Go to
It's not the same as other check rides. Remember - YOU are the teacher now, so teach. Don't let it be a Q&A all the way - if your training was done right, you should have lesson plans for everything and should have taught most of the material. Be confident and professional. Refer to materials you have if needed, but don't overly rely on them. Someone above said - answer just what is asked - good advice - don't dig your own grave I had an FAA guy for my initial and the oral and check ride were simple - the PTS - inside and out. Have any and all AC's or regs referenced in the front of the PTS with you. They are all free on the FAA website. Put them on an iPad and it's snap. If you show up with you stuff wired tight - it makes all the difference. Good luck.
Five93H, I think you have sufficient flying experience. One of my friends who is working at Las Vegas airlines have said the same thing while I have asked this when I have started my training. Currently I am pursuing my aviation degree for FAA license in TX.
My friend had his CFI initial a few days ago, and passed the oral portion. The more useful resources to prepare for CFI is PHAK, AFH, POH, FAR AIM, etc
Quote: Do they still require a CFI to know how to use the E6B?
That has never been required. You are required to be able to calculate aircraft performance and do XC planning, but that may or may not require an E6B. As with most things, there's usually more than one way to do it.
1  2 
Page 2 of 2
Go to