new skywest post

Subscribe
1  2  3 
Page 1 of 3
Go to
So recently, I went through the interview process at SW and accepted the a spot in the E175. My questions are...

Any suggestions on study material besides what SW gives you,

Any idea on the E175 heading to LAX? Also considering DEN as a home base.

Current reserve times for new/newer hires.

and last any other suggestions for a new hire

thanks and happy holidays
All these questions are answered in the real thread. Go there.
Quote: Any suggestions on study material besides what SW gives you,
Don't do it. Study what they give you. You could check out the turbine pilot's manual if you're new to kerosene, but focus on SKW materials.

Quote: Any idea on the E175 heading to LAX?
No new hires yet. You might be able to sneak in after a few months but would likely stay junior for a long time.
Quote: Don't do it. Study what they give you. You could check out the turbine pilot's manual if you're new to kerosene, but focus on SKW materials.

No new hires yet. You might be able to sneak in after a few months but would likely stay junior for a long time.
Looking at the bid award out today. Looks 5/2015 is the most Jr LAX FO E175... So 8 months DOH. Or 5 months after your online..
Quote: Looking at the bid award out today. Looks 5/2015 is the most Jr LAX FO E175... So 8 months DOH. Or 5 months after your online..

No. That was the *INITIAL* ERJ award for LAX, people got in very junior because senior folks are waiting to see how things shake out.

I would guess it will go pretty senior for a while after this. If you're willing to be on reserve for a loooooong time, I suspect there will always be an opening or two at the bottom but you won't be moving up fast.
Quote: All these questions are answered in the real thread. Go there.
And sift through 1500 pages of mostly rant and negative comments, no thanks
Good on you. 90% BS on here, so easier to ask the questions you want answered. Often, PM gets the better answers, after you have found people you can trust. Good luck!

Quote: And sift through 1500 pages of mostly rant and negative comments, no thanks
Why didn't you ask those questions in the interview? Just asking is all
Can't speak for the OP, but when I am at an interview, those kinds of questions aren't likely to be running thru my head. I'm more focused on answering questions correctly.

Quote: Why didn't you ask those questions in the interview? Just asking is all
Quote: Can't speak for the OP, but when I am at an interview, those kinds of questions aren't likely to be running thru my head. I'm more focused on answering questions correctly.
I had a notecard with questions that I figured I would forget. A tip for all future interviews one does!
1  2  3 
Page 1 of 3
Go to