fellow Aviators, Powerball now at $675Million

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 2 of 5
Go to
I'd get me a nice warbird or two and spend my time doing the air show circuit.
Or put in for a PLOA like LM and save your seniority number as an insurance policy

Quote: I think I would quit, start my own airline, but it would look a lot like the old Hooters Air.

Oh, and I'd be number one on the seniority list. ;^)

Then in about a year, after the $650 Million was gone, I'd still be a greeter at WalMart.
Hookers and blow.
I always wanted to make a small fortune in aviation, so I would immediately start my own airline.

I would call the airline Guard and our welcoming PA would be "You are on guarrrrrrrd". Cognac and breadsticks for all.
Quote: Once you realize your $250 Million dollars(cash option after taxes) allows for to do ALL of this on your own time without some (now fellow) rich jerk or airline boss telling you what to do and what time to do it...and realizing you make more in interest than your crummy aviation salary every paid you......you'd be gone in a heartbeat.
I respect your opinion and see what you're saying but.....nah I'll still want to fly for United. Even though I could afford to buy a 777, why have to worry about all the maintenance and where to store it when I can have a company do it for me. Plus I have a lifetime goal of becoming a 777 Captain for United, and I've met every goal I've set for myself so far so I don't want to stop till I meet this one. When I can tell my grand kids I flew for United for 30 years, worked hard, and had a successful career, then I'll be happy to retire and go live in the Caribbean
Winning the lottery can be a stroke of bad luck:

5 reasons you don't really want to win all that lottery money

Even if you don't do anything foolish, there can be unexpected hazards. One winner was visited by the owner of the Boston liquor store that sold him the ticket, who demanded a big cut of the loot.
It was Whitey Bulger.
Quote: Winning the lottery can be a stroke of bad luck:

5 reasons you don't really want to win all that lottery money

Even if you don't do anything foolish, there can be unexpected hazards. One winner was visited by the owner of the Boston liquor store that sold him the ticket, who demanded a big cut of the loot.
It was Whitey Bulger.
I'd rather win and deal with the negatives of hitting the lotto
Quote: I respect your opinion and see what you're saying but.....nah I'll still want to fly for United. Even though I could afford to buy a 777, why have to worry about all the maintenance and where to store it when I can have a company do it for me. Plus I have a lifetime goal of becoming a 777 Captain for United, and I've met every goal I've set for myself so far so I don't want to stop till I meet this one. When I can tell my grand kids I flew for United for 30 years, worked hard, and had a successful career, then I'll be happy to retire and go live in the Caribbean
The founder of Flightsafety international late Al ueltchi has a grandson who is a pilot at United. Their family fortune exceeds 2 billion dollars. I guess the guy really loves the job.
Quote: Hookers and blow.
I'm with Mike. I'd do the same. No hard drugs though, that's a fast ticket to the grave. I'd stick with hookers and a lot of natural california grown marijane.
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 2 of 5
Go to