SXM layover

Subscribe
Does anyone know if the SXM layover hotel (Simpson Bay) is an all inclusive? Thanks.
Quote: Does anyone know if the SXM layover hotel (Simpson Bay) is an all inclusive? Thanks.
It's been a few years since I had a layover there (Christmas Eve 2013) but it wasn't an all inclusive for us. Not sure the resort itself is an all inclusive, seemed more like a Time share, apartment kind of place.

Couple decent beach restaurants (one part of the hotel, one off site but about 5 minute walk back towards the airport that does BBQ. Cash only there as I recall). Lots of restaurants along the Main Street (just pass the bbq place) and marina area. Enjoy all the mega yachts.
Not all-inclusive. A few decent bar/restaurants on the left as you walk out the door, plus an Indian place on the other side of the street that is slow but pretty tasty.

If you walk down to the corner where Burger King is, you can catch a minibus to Maho Beach for $3 I think. Have exact change and pay when you get out. The reverse home is labeled Philipsburg. This will get you to the good beach bar where you can watch planes blow tourists over whilst enjoying a Mahi Mahi burger and Corona or Heineken.

Highly recommend this course of action.
Rent a car and take your main squeeze with you. There are plenty of gorgeous, deserted, clothing optional beaches on SXM. Easy to find you own private beach.

Skip Orient (??) as its overrun with massive Griswolds.
Thanks for the info!! Took the cheapo van ride out to Sunset bar. Awesome place. And found the "clothing optional" beach as well! But to be clear, I did not participate in that part!! 😂
Quote: Thanks for the info!! Took the cheapo van ride out to Sunset bar. Awesome place. And found the "clothing optional" beach as well! But to be clear, I did not participate in that part!! ��
Some of the things you see on that beach cannot be unseen.
And that's why you can buy beer right on the beach!! 😂😂😂