Island Air - Hawaii

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  13 
Page 3 of 15
Go to
Quote: Not if you sign a 2 yr contract. That's the last I heard.
It's 46k for the 2 year contract. I signed the one year and got the 36k. Aaaaand one year of it was quite enough for me.
I was looking on their career page and saw they were offering a $12k hiring bonus and a $5k in moving assistance. Anyone have the scoop on that?
Quote: I was looking on their career page and saw they were offering a $12k hiring bonus and a $5k in moving assistance. Anyone have the scoop on that?

It's still there. 12k is in 4 increments.
Quote: It's still there. 12k is in 4 increments.
How long do new hires sit reserve?
Quote: How long do new hires sit reserve?
Depends on when you get in. If you wait any longer than reserve could be 3-6 months MAYBE. I finished IOE on Jan 20th and I can hold a line for April. However I bid for reserve in April cause I have stuff to do at home so the guys below me will get to hold my line.
Return service back to Kona! More flights! More pilots? I wish I knew! Haven't got a call and they haven't responded to my emails. Howsit Spam, would you know if they are still having classes in the near future?
Quote: Return service back to Kona! More flights! More pilots? I wish I knew! Haven't got a call and they haven't responded to my emails. Howsit Spam, would you know if they are still having classes in the near future?
Hiring will continue for a while...keep at it!
Quote: Hiring will continue for a while...keep at it!
Appreciate the reply Makai, you don't know how reassuring your words are! Are you currently flying for them? Or have? Thanks again!
I have friends that fly at Island Air. It's a great gig if you live in Hawaii and just starting out your career. If you're living in the states I wouldn't recommend it with all the options out there now.
I see, I've been weighing out the options. IA sounds appealing though. Home every night, signing bonus, Hawaii livin (Expensive, but I've lived relatively broke most my life anyway), great weather but lots of legs, and fly with good peoples. But again, this would be my first 121 gig, so I might be a little short sighted. Thanks for the reply!
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  13 
Page 3 of 15
Go to