iPad and Jepp FD Pro questions

Subscribe
1  2  3  4 
Page 1 of 4
Go to
We are getting new iPads this month, the iPad 2 Air, to replace the first gen iPads.

We are FINALLY getting JeppFD Pro after years of Jepp TC Pro. We welcome this, so many more options than TC. I always thought that FD didn't require any charts whatsoever.... however we are being told that we are still going to need to carry and update enroute Hi charts along with 10-1 area charts. Do you long time FD users still carry any kind of paper charts or is this yet another snafu on our end? I thought FD came with enroutes and 10-1s.
We have JeppFD and still carry high, low and area charts...basically all of volume 1. You'll see after using JeppFD that a lot of little notes and whatnot, that are found on the paper charts, are omitted or hard to find on the electronic charts.

It still beats the heck out of having to update all the rest of the paper though!
We have JeppFD Pro and are not required to update any type of paper charts. We also don't have to carry the aircraft performance manual or MEL/CDL book.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Quote: We are getting new iPads this month, the iPad 2 Air, to replace the first gen iPads.

We are FINALLY getting JeppFD Pro after years of Jepp TC Pro. We welcome this, so many more options than TC. I always thought that FD didn't require any charts whatsoever.... however we are being told that we are still going to need to carry and update enroute Hi charts along with 10-1 area charts. Do you long time FD users still carry any kind of paper charts or is this yet another snafu on our end? I thought FD came with enroutes and 10-1s.
We've had FD Pro since the get-go at LUS. However, they did start issuing us paper charts about a year later. A lot of the ball notes, frequencies, etc on FIR boundaries in the Caribbean are hard to decipher on the electronic version, so most guys like having access to the paper. For me, the mostly stay in the envelope in my bag and don't get touched.
No paper for us at spirit
No paper at JetBlue with FD Pro.
Not sure why charts are needed, they're in Jepp FD Pro.
Thx. I guess it depends on what flying is done and whether the airline deems it important to have the paper or not.

Agreed, still beats having paper everything!
Quote: Thx. I guess it depends on what flying is done and whether the airline deems it important to have the paper or not.

Agreed, still beats having paper everything!
I will say we didn't get paper until post-SOC.
Another step backwards eh? It never stops!
1  2  3  4 
Page 1 of 4
Go to