Need picture of 737 that broke through ramp

Subscribe
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to
Guys,

Strange request, but the feds are threatening to purchase my maintenance facility. In their appraisal they are claiming my concrete ramp is excessively thick at 12 inches so no additional value given over 8 inches. I find it hard to believe that 8 inches is better than 12!

Years ago there was a picture floating around of a 737 that punched through the slab in AEX or LFT. I can't remember which and I can't find the pic through google. Can anyone point me towards a picture of that incident? It showed the right main punched through the ramp with the engine resting on the concrete.

Thanks,
Lane
It's here:

Oops! United Airlines Boeing 737 Hits Sinkhole Causes Lots of Damage - AirlineReporter : AirlineReporter
I was there that day after it happened. The Mississippi River had been very high months earlier, then we had a prolonged dry period. They (experts supposedly) said that the high water table followed by a dry period created a cavity underground which led to the ramp giving way. They used large air bladders to lift it out. Best they let all of GLH sink next time. LOL. That is one dangerous little town.
Thanks Firsttimeflyer. That's it. Proof that a sturdy ramp is in everyone's best interest.

Lane
A couple of extra inches usually isn't a bad thing.... But 12. Damn!
Oops.[emoji482] [emoji6] [emoji31]
Quote: A couple of extra inches usually isn't a bad thing.... But 12. Damn!
Thats what she said
Quote: Thats what she said
Length or Circumference?
Curious on the back story of the feds wanting to buy you out. Imminent domain type thing?
Yep. That's it exactly.
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to