DAL Pilot Bent Rules, Everyone Wins

Subscribe
1  2  3  4 
Page 1 of 4
Go to
This Pilot Just Bent The Rules To Make EVERYone's Day Better
and in another story the pilot was fired......

Though I know and have heard Alaska bro's giving a mountain tour on departure out of Seattle. Honestly good on everyone. Pax eat that stuff up.....
Some jackass will complain.......
Pretty cool. Dunno how he 'bent' the rules tho. I've done the Niagra tour flying out of IAG a few summers back. Pretty cool to be able to do this for our pax.
Can't possibly imagine he bent or broke rules. Hey, Grand Canyon center, can southernjet 123 get some deviations left and right of course?

Approved as requested, direct abc when able...
One of my favorite tours is to depart OAK runway 30 and slowly climb out the middle of the bay, right over the Golden Gate Bridge when heading for the islands. Somewhere in our FOM it says Bay Tours are prohibited. However, I'm not sure what that means exactly.
"What's the minimum altitude you can clear us down to?"
I think it was around 12,000-14,000'. Tours get the airspace below the min vectoring altitude.

FOQA and ADS-B have ruined some of the fun in this business.
[QUOTE=vagabond;2075730]This Pilot Just Bent The Rules To Make EVERYone's Day Better[/QUO

That's one of the things I like about corporate flying. Sometimes it is the Grand Canyon others the soccer field where their kids are playing.
I did the same thing once over Niagra en route to Toronto. We dropped down to 10,000ft about 30 miles early, made two 360s around the falls and landed in Toronto seven minutes early...
And yup, a passenger complained that he wasn't even earlier and that he didn't pay for a "g-- da---- tour of the US."
Quote: I did the same thing once over Niagra en route to Toronto. We dropped down to 10,000ft about 30 miles early, made two 360s around the falls and landed in Toronto seven minutes early...
And yup, a passenger complained that he wasn't even earlier and that he didn't pay for a "g-- da---- tour of the US."
And he would have whined just as much if he had to sit on the ramp for those 20 minutes waiting for the gate to open up. Some people can't be satisfied.
1  2  3  4 
Page 1 of 4
Go to