Delta MD-88 Bare Spot

Subscribe
Hi Everyone,
I was flying though ATL last week and noticed that 947DL had big bare spot with no paint on it. The spot was about 4-5 windows long. I am pretty sure it was 947DL. If anyone has any idea what happened please let me know.

Thanks
Matt
Quote: Hi Everyone,
I was flying though ATL last week and noticed that 947DL had big bare spot with no paint on it. The spot was about 4-5 windows long. I am pretty sure it was 947DL. If anyone has any idea what happened please let me know.

Thanks
Matt
Paint probably got old or wasn't applied properly and simply fell off.
It's a small area where the airflow congregates and the tears of the whiny pilots will collect. All the pilots crying over imaginary turbulence over the service life of the airframe has produce quite a lot of tear-soaked corrosion.
Quote: It's a small area where the airflow congregates and the tears of the whiny pilots will collect. All the pilots crying over imaginary turbulence over the service life of the airframe has produce quite a lot of tear-soaked corrosion.
Nah, it's tears of joy about the burden of how to spend all of our money.
This department was dead for over a month and the most technical a pilot can get is "What happened to that paint"?
Chem trail goo spill...
Leftover NDE from being D-checked in some foreign country