This is criminal

Subscribe
1  2 
Page 2 of 2
Go to
If they served in combat, they should be eligible for VA medical care for related conditions, period.

All the other nice bennies should be predicated on character of discharge.
Quote:

Whistleblower: Cockroaches Served for Dinner at Chicago-Area VA Hospital

A vermin infestation has overrun the kitchen of a suburban Chicago Veterans Affairs hospital and is reportedly so severe that cockroaches routinely crawl across countertops as cooks prepare meals. The insects have even found their way into patients’ food, employees say.

The bug invasion has attracted the attention of a U.S. senator who is demanding to know how the VA is fixing the problem. It’s just the latest scandal at an agency rocked by allegations of abuse, incompetence and the needless deaths of veterans who wait years for medical appointments.

“The workers try to brush the cockroaches off the counters, but the bugs get in the food,” said Germaine Clarno, a social worker at the Edward Hines, Jr. VA Hospital in the Chicago suburb of Hines, Ill. Clarno is the local AFGE union president and has been working with the U.S. Office of Special Counsel as a whistleblower exposing secret appointment wait lists.

Veterans Served Roaches At Chicago VA

Outrageous.
Quote: Outrageous.
Did you serve? Did you take the oath? If not, then you don't know jack about this topic and need to ****.
Quote: Did you serve? Did you take the oath? If not, then you don't know jack about this topic and need to ****.
That's an odd response to someone who is advocating for our vet's, don't you think?
He's not advocating for Vets. He's advocating for individuals with dishonorable discharges. You're not a "Vet" if you violate your oath of service. Read the original article he provided.
Quote: He's not advocating for Vets. He's advocating for individuals with dishonorable discharges. Read the original article he provided.
This is a different article, Mr. Hysterical-and-didn't-bother-to-read-before-engaging-in-your-fake-and-phony-outrage.

Furthermore, I'll advocate for whomever and whatever I want, Vets or otherwise. Please go and take the med(s) you skipped this morning.
Tone it down please.

Like I said before, I'm favor of providing VA medical to any COMBAT vet just to ensure that someone who had behavior problems caused by combat does not slip through the cracks due to discharge characterization, which was rooted in the combat service to begin with. This is a small number of people we're talking about.

ALL other bennies should require a good discharge.
Quote: Tone it down please.

Like I said before, I'm favor of providing VA medical to any COMBAT vet just to ensure that someone who had behavior problems caused by combat does not slip through the cracks due to discharge characterization, which was rooted in the combat service to begin with. This is a small number of people we're talking about.

ALL other bennies should require a good discharge.
Of course, I agree. But leave it to someone like our buddy who has ZERO military time to go ballistic over something he knows NOTHING about.
Quote: That's an odd response to someone who is advocating for our vet's, don't you think?
Your problem, if one can call it that, is that you are a normal and well-adjusted person. That kind of thinking simply doesn't apply with this particular poster, as you point out.
On the eve of Memorial Day weekend....

VA Declares Thousands of Living Vets Dead, Cancels Benefits

Just unreal.

1  2 
Page 2 of 2
Go to