Eric

Subscribe
Almost a year and a half ago, now... Seems like yesterday.... You were such a kind man. Your family proves how great of a father and husband you were. You opened your home to me when I needed a place to stay.

Though I had more flight time and experience, you taught me much. I remember one night when were were both heading to the airport for our nightly scheduled run, and I forgot my crew ID tag. I called you and said I had to turn around and might be late for my trip. You said "Stop the cycle", "This is accidents happen", when you heard my frustration. As I arrived to the airport, I found my AC50 topped with oil and ready to go. You had serviced my plane so I wouldn't be late. That's how generous you were. I don't know why you crashed. I don't know why, and that kills me!

You saved my life by offering me a place to stay so I wouldn't have to sleep in my car while in base. I will forever be grateful and never forget you, my friend. I wish I could tell you one more time that I appreciate you! You are so very missed, Eric. Your family had a difficult time with everything. Your kids took your loss the hardest. Your wife stayed strong and keep things together...You'd be proud.

I don't know why you crashed but I will. When I do, I promise to learn everything possible from the accident and will work to ensure it doesn't happen to anyone else. You were a good friend, and I miss you. I hope you would be proud of where I am now.