Sponsored posts....

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  6 
Page 3 of 6
Go to
must have spoken too soon. The sponsored posts must work 9-5
Advertisements
Whats with the stupid advertisements showing up? I hate New Zealand.
I agree. This website already has tons of banner advertising along the top and the right-side margins doesn't it? Isn't that enough already? Now they need to stick advertising in the form of an unread new thread, as total lame trickery? *******ing marketing. Enough is enough.

No wonder APC decided to start FedEx's and UPS's own threads... for meta-deta banging us. What a joke.

I obviously have spent time on here over the years, but this is a good time to exit this website if the advertising will continue to grow. Hopefully we can find some other venue. Is there some other forum FDX guys/hopefuls are using, other than facebook?
They're on the cargo forum as well. This is why APC recently decided to give each individual airline it's own subforum. What a lame marketing strategy, on top of all the advertising already all over the page. It seems like the end of what was a great airline forum.
Just checked. They're in all the forums. I bet after a few weeks of this there will be an offer to pay X amount a month/year to not see the ads.
It's a test to see if you are smart enough to recognize and ignore new threads that you don't need to open. Some will fail as they feel they need to open everything they see.

Seriously though, do you have any idea how much hosting costs can be for a website? No matter what you may believe, the internet isn't free.
This was a surprise for the Mods, too. We have universally voiced our displeasure.

Some are saying that certain ad/pop-up blockers work.

Stay tuned...hoping this lapse in judgement will pass.
Thanks Phlyer. Hopefully it was a momentary lapse of good judgement.
Surprised Frontseat hasn't posted "What airline" on all of them.
Hey guys!

Thanks for all your feedback about this feature.

The director has decided to suspend the sponsored post campaign for a few days.

The campaign with the sponsored posts is part of a larger plan to streamline the ad experience on APC and to improve your time on the site. We would like to gather everyone's feedback about your current experiences and your thoughts about the future of APC, so we can better serve you.

Also, if you have any ideas how we can improve the sponsored posts - in regards to placement, content, etc, we will be glad for any feedback you might have there as well.

You can post them here or send me a direct message, and I will gather the information to pass along to our director.

We appreciate all the time you spend giving us your feedback and hope that moving forward we can do better.

Thanks!
1  2  3  4  5  6 
Page 3 of 6
Go to