Notices

JetBlue Latest and Greatest

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2022, 08:44 AM
The REAL Bluedriver

Joined APC: Sep 2011
Position: Airbus Capt

Originally Posted by capt707 View Post
Have a better idea? I think the point was to use something the company is very protective about. Remember the “contract Above all”? My guess you weren’t around for that. It really bothered the company and they actually sued the union and lost.
Agree. Sounds just fine to me.

The guys saying they have no confidence in getting a good contract are your own worst enemy. You say this in the cockpit, infecting others with your pessimism. The biggest hurdle to achieving a great contract isn't the MEC chairman, it's the line pilots solidarity and willingness to stay strong, unified and with the union, all that that means, and not making things easy and comfortable for those on the other side of the negotiations table.

A contract didn't get done LAST TIME until things were finally becoming uncomfortable for New York. Remember that, and all that it means. Focusing on ANYTHING else is self sabotage.
Old 03-02-2022, 11:54 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2008
Position: 320 F.O.

Originally Posted by Bluedriver View Post

The guys saying they have no confidence in getting a good contract are your own worst enemy. You say this in the cockpit, infecting others with your pessimism. The biggest hurdle to achieving a great contract isn't the MEC chairman, it's the line pilots solidarity and willingness to stay strong, unified and with the union, all that that means, and not making things easy and comfortable for those on the other side of the negotiations table.

A contract didn't get done LAST TIME until things were finally becoming uncomfortable for New York. Remember that, and all that it means. Focusing on ANYTHING else is self sabotage.
well said Bluedriver. We won't get a good contract unless we stand together and do our jobs, no more no less..
Old 03-02-2022, 12:13 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2019

Originally Posted by Bluedriver View Post

100% agree with you BlueDriver. Very well said.
Old 03-02-2022, 12:28 PM
Layover Master

Joined APC: Jan 2013
Position: Seated

https://www.wgrz.com/amp/article/new...6-35482cf602dd

No comment.
Old 03-02-2022, 02:35 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2013
Position: Captain

https://thepointsguy.com/news/americ...aCSfq871ABU8Ww
Old 03-02-2022, 07:39 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Nov 2021

Not trying to start a rumor mill. Just looking for serious opinions. I tried looking in the forums but only found c9medic answers. And yes I completely understand the aviation industry and how it works. Who do you all think will buy JetBlue or who will JetBlue buy in order to help with this current and future pilot shortage?
Old 03-03-2022, 04:05 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2008
Position: B6

900+ new hires (target) for 2022 …. How is that even possible????
Old 03-03-2022, 05:42 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Oct 2021

Originally Posted by Rhett1100 View Post
Not trying to start a rumor mill. Just looking for serious opinions. I tried looking in the forums but only found c9medic answers. And yes I completely understand the aviation industry and how it works. Who do you all think will buy JetBlue or who will JetBlue buy in order to help with this current and future pilot shortage?
This question isn't worth answering. It's constantly asked, and the same speculation is offered every time. Nobody knows. It's unpredictable. The "pilot shortage" always ends in this cyclical industry. We seem to have short memories. You can find all the "serious opinions" you want going back through these threads. Nothing has changed.
Old 03-03-2022, 06:07 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2018

Originally Posted by reservelyfe View Post
This question isn't worth answering. It's constantly asked, and the same speculation is offered every time. Nobody knows. It's unpredictable. The "pilot shortage" always ends in this cyclical industry. We seem to have short memories. You can find all the "serious opinions" you want going back through these threads. Nothing has changed.
So, if I understand you correctly, FedEx is a lock as our next merger? TIA
Old 03-03-2022, 06:22 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Sep 2020
Default JetBlue Latest and Greatest

Originally Posted by Rhett1100 View Post

Cape air will buy us and staple

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk