JetBlue Latest and Greatest

Subscribe
326  826  1226  1276  1316  1322  1323  1324  1325  1326  1327  1328  1329  1330  1336  1376 
Page 1326 of 1383
Go to
Quote: JetBlue is an odd creature (but you knew that.) The top X percent have been there essentially since new hires. They are fiercely protective over what’s theirs (two sandwich club) and are reluctant to give it up. As you’ve said, it’s the same folks who bid what they want and get it. They they drop it all as desired via trade board, followed by VDA. Or VDA over a trip and then double dip. Every month, every year. With exception of the outliers (FO and recently the 190 fleet) it doesn’t change. I’d imagine If you could look up who credits 150+ a month, you’d see 75% of them are the same
month over month. Look deeper and it’s the same for years.

At present, I don’t fault them. It’s seniority which isn’t a new concept. It’s also a union who negotiated for it and the pilot group who ratified it. Doesn’t mean it can’t be a survey item which becomes a contract ask in the future. Right off the bat though, you’ve got 1000 pilots who will vote no on it.
I would love to see what Spirit has for a premium time / VDA equivalent. Might be easier to pass if they have a bucket system like I mentioned. Agreed it would be an uphill battle with our current group.
I don't know if it would be so hard, it's a pretty small group who really benefit from the VDA system.
Quote: This is why we need an overhaul of the VDA system. The same 5-10 pilots in every base/seat shouldn’t get all the VDA all the time. I haven’t confirmed it but I’ve heard some carriers do it differently and more evenly spread around. It was described to me as a bucket system once you’ve had a VDA you move to the 1 VDA for the month bucket, once a 2nd VDA call the 2 VDA bucket and do on. Hence it spreads the VDA’s across more of the seniority. Correct me if I’m wrong but it’s kind of BS that 5 pilots in every base/seat credit 150hrs plus per month, while the rest of us get a call every 3 months or so.
150 lol 😂.
Quote: I don't know if it would be so hard, it's a pretty small group who really benefit from the VDA system.
I’m hoping Spirit brings a fresh perspective to completely overhauling our VDA/open-time/reserve system we have. The reserve grid is an abomination, the company rarely (if ever) uses global open time, and the same small percentage get fat on VDA.
Quote: 150 lol 😂.
I know right. 150 is the bare minimum for some of these guys. Apparently there was an FO who credited over 400. Flew with a captain who saw the paystub…don’t even know how that’s possible. But some of these guys do 200+ on the regular.
150 ain’t that hard in the right base with some seniority under your belt. A little tougher in a month like October.
Quote: I’m hoping Spirit brings a fresh perspective to completely overhauling our VDA/open-time/reserve system we have. The reserve grid is an abomination, the company rarely (if ever) uses global open time, and the same small percentage get fat on VDA.
I fully agree and yes your right 200 hr checks are the regular for this crowd.
Quote: I’m hoping Spirit brings a fresh perspective to completely overhauling our VDA/open-time/reserve system we have. The reserve grid is an abomination, the company rarely (if ever) uses global open time, and the same small percentage get fat on VDA.
I just hope spirit brings balls to the union and NC …that’ll fix most of the problems by itself
That's a Big Bingo.
Can anyone explain how VDA works? Thx
326  826  1226  1276  1316  1322  1323  1324  1325  1326  1327  1328  1329  1330  1336  1376 
Page 1326 of 1383
Go to