JetBlue Latest and Greatest

Subscribe
333  833  1233  1283  1323  1329  1330  1331  1332  1333  1334  1335  1336  1337  1343 
Page 1333 of 1383
Go to
Quote: It seems that newer pilots leaving has only accelerated despite the new contract extension. 31 gone in Jan and 24 so far in Feb.
A decent amount new hires had got CJOs while in training at JetBlue. Can't say I'm surprised.
Quote: It seems that newer pilots leaving has only accelerated despite the new contract extension. 31 gone in Jan and 24 so far in Feb.
Not sure why anyone would leave. Our peers may have profit sharing and wide-bodies, but do they even have Lift awards?
Quote: Sooo anyways.
whats the latest word rumor mill etc froh the the B6 side. Crickets over here at NK. Had a jumpseater who said there were some emails going around about the future combined basing etc but again nothing like that over here.
We’re seeing a lot of company propaganda lately regarding the benefits of the merger. I bet we see a lawsuit from the DOJ trying to block the merger within the next week or two. Also the NEA lawsuit should have a decision soon 🤷‍♂️
To be fair, the company has said they expected a DOJ lawsuit from the beginning. They know what they’re up against. This administration is as corrupt as the day is long….the right people just need to get paid.
Quote: To be fair, the company has said they expected a DOJ lawsuit from the beginning. They know what they’re up against. This administration is as corrupt as the day is long….the right people just need to get paid.
100% agree. It should be no surprise. I’d rather just see it happen and get things over with ASAP.
Here's some grist for the mill.

https://skift.com/blog/largest-fligh...spirit-merger/

AFA is gunning to win over the B6 FAs and kick out TWU if this merger is approved. Sara Nelson is well regarded within the progressive left wing and was even floated as potential Secretary of Labor for Biden, so there's some political heft to this endorsement. Taking detrimental effects on labor off the list of reasons to block the merger doesn't hurt either.
Upgrade Times
Hey everyone,

First of all I have greatly appreciated everybody's feedback I have received for any questions I have asked here in the past few weeks. Really looking forward to getting started!

I am in the process of making a spreadsheet for pay over the next 37 years that I plan to be here and looking for some data on current upgrade times etc.... I am aware that contracts will change etc over the life of my career but I have nothing better to do so just want to compare total compensation if I start on the 190, 220, 320 and upgrade at different times etc.

So here are my questions!

1.) Can anyone give me the most recent data on upgrade times for the 320/190 in BOS. I would ask for the 220 as well but I am assuming this would be pretty irrelevant given the projected growth and no one really knows an accurate upgrade time.

2.) What is the most updated guidance given by management on retirement date for the 190?

3.) How many hours a month on average could someone expect to credit on the 320/190/220?

4.) Unrelated to my previous task but, where can I find a copy of the most recent contract to read through? Or do I need to wait for training to see this.

Thank you all so much!

*EDIT* as I am making this I am realizing it might be worthwhile for others. I would be happy to share it when finished. Basically it just allows you to insert your age and will show you what your career total compensation would be on each air frame given different upgrade times. Currently have it just set up assuming 1000 hours of credit/yr unless I hear otherwise.
I made a similar spreadsheet in the 1990s to show my wife how much money we could earn if I switched careers. Best came-worst case scenarios, with income calculated out to age 60. I used the current and projected pay for every airline, aircraft, and did the math for various upgrade times.

Lets just say it only took about 5 years for the “reality pay curve” to fall way below the worst-case curve, with no chance of ever making up the difference.

All that said to tell you it’s pilot folly to even attempt to calculate your income over the next 37 years based on bidding the 190 vs 320.

Short answer? Bid JFK 320, move to base, and VDA. Stay in JFK, take the first 320 upgrade. Retire at age 65.

Long answer? When you get wives and kids and a house full of stuff, your desire to improve your QOL, not your paycheck, will drive your career decisions.
That’s a lot of homework to plate up nicely for a 28 year old (possibly?) new hire.

I wouldn’t concern myself with much beyond the next 5-7 years anyway.
Quote: That’s a lot of homework to plate up nicely for a 28 year old (possibly?) new hire.

I wouldn’t concern myself with much beyond the next 5-7 years anyway.
Yup, I did something similar at every employer change but certainly not the depth that this person is and it was completely useless a year or two in each time.
333  833  1233  1283  1323  1329  1330  1331  1332  1333  1334  1335  1336  1337  1343 
Page 1333 of 1383
Go to