Notices

JetBlue Latest and Greatest

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2017, 12:42 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2011

Originally Posted by CaptCoolHand View Post
Come on man. Just a jab

This is like the bar and we’re all drinkin buddies.

Bluepilots is thunder dome and anything goes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-14-2017, 06:43 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2008
Position: B6

Jetblue share buyback to total $750,000,000. For anyone out there who thinks the company cannot afford our ask, or for the folks who don't want to "bankrupt the company".

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/jetbl...112611486.html
Old 12-14-2017, 07:15 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2008
Position: FO

Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
Jetblue share buyback to total $750,000,000. For anyone out there who thinks the company cannot afford our ask, or for the folks who don't want to "bankrupt the company".

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/jetbl...112611486.html
Good info. So other than speculating that this could effect negotiations, (there is no proof of this without them admitting) why would they do this?? I am looking for someone that knows why a company would make this purchase. I think they bought 500 million in shares about a year ago. My thoughts are to increase stock price, or lower cash for an acquisition.. etc. I honestly have no idea.
Old 12-14-2017, 07:30 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2008
Position: B6

Originally Posted by cmesoar View Post
Good info. So other than speculating that this could effect negotiations, (there is no proof of this without them admitting) why would they do this?? I am looking for someone that knows why a company would make this purchase. I think they bought 500 million in shares about a year ago. My thoughts are to increase stock price, or lower cash for an acquisition.. etc. I honestly have no idea.
I'm not too savvy on this topic but, I did some searching this morning. Basically from what I gather, said company literally has so much extra money and they have exhausted all ways of spending it.

Here is a good article -

https://www.forbes.com/sites/aalsin/.../#75699d196b1e

"Buying back company stock can inflate a company’s share price and boost its earnings per share — metrics that often guide lucrative executive bonuses"
Old 12-14-2017, 08:38 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2008
Position: Left,Right, Left, Right,Right,Left, Right, Left

Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
I'm not too savvy on this topic but, I did some searching this morning. Basically from what I gather, said company literally has so much extra money and they have exhausted all ways of spending it.

Here is a good article -

https://www.forbes.com/sites/aalsin/.../#75699d196b1e

"Buying back company stock can inflate a company’s share price and boost its earnings per share — metrics that often guide lucrative executive bonuses"
If only there was a place to spend said money that would help the operation...
Old 12-14-2017, 08:44 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2012
Position: 190 captain and “Pro-pilot”
Smile

I think congress funds ATC
Old 12-14-2017, 08:55 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2006
Position: retired EMB-145 CA

Originally Posted by BeatNavy View Post
BS wasn’t a bad pilot, given my expectations after the stories I heard. I don’t think I’d be much better if I flew once a month. That said, the time I flew with her wx was great and it was a quick easy day. Furthermore, she pays more dues than anyone else at this airline, as I understand it. She flies on her days off (for free, and buys trips from people) because she enjoys flying, and says she wouldn’t give it up. She’s ok in my book, but I’ve only flown with her once and that’s the limit of my interaction with her. Other guys I know who flew with her had similar experiences. But I’ve read and heard stories to the contrary, so ymmv.
Awesome. Great she climbed up the corporate ladder to a management position! Anyone else would have to resign they're seniority number if the position was not in flight ops.
Old 12-14-2017, 08:58 AM
What’s it doing now?

Joined APC: Mar 2011
Position: 190CA

Hmmm, new interiors, better ground equipment at outstations, a little less aircraft utilization so we can have a few more minutes to turn a plane and actually be on time? Or even paying people a market rate for the excellent work they do?

Buying back stock is short term gain for a few spun to be “good for everyone”. It’s like a pilot who sells back all their PTO. Quick boost to earnings, but maybe you should have invested in your long term health and ability to continue working by taking care of yourself. Instead the money will be gone soon and you’ll be calling in sick with no PTO to cover it.

I think we’re good at what we do. Invest that money in growing jetblue and then “everybody eats”.
Old 12-14-2017, 12:43 PM
Banned

Joined APC: Feb 2009

Originally Posted by Tom a Hawk View Post
Hmmm, new interiors, better ground equipment at outstations, a little less aircraft utilization so we can have a few more minutes to turn a plane and actually be on time? Or even paying people a market rate for the excellent work they do?

Buying back stock is short term gain for a few spun to be “good for everyone”. It’s like a pilot who sells back all their PTO. Quick boost to earnings, but maybe you should have invested in your long term health and ability to continue working by taking care of yourself. Instead the money will be gone soon and you’ll be calling in sick with no PTO to cover it.

I think we’re good at what we do. Invest that money in growing jetblue and then “everybody eats”.
The "leadership" only cares about buying another vacation home.

The long term health of the company or goodwill of the empolyees isn't on their radar. I know we all wish this weren't true but it is. Unfortunately short term bonuses drive corporate thinking these days. Our ELT is no different.
Old 12-14-2017, 01:16 PM
Banned

Joined APC: Jan 2011

Reverse splits are free. Just sayin’