JetBlue Latest and Greatest

Notices

JetBlue Latest and Greatest

Old 06-22-2018, 02:46 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2012
Position: 190 captain and “Pro-pilot”

Originally Posted by Bluedriver View Post
Indeed they do. It's too good, they can't decide what to do.
Come on man. It might be crap it might not be but it’s a 1st contract I want the MEC to read every last sentence before deciding. We don’t currently live with this document so it’s not just hey we fixed this or that, it’s all new.
I prefer they make an educated vote.
I’m sure you do as well.
Old 06-22-2018, 02:48 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2012
Position: 190 captain and “Pro-pilot”

Originally Posted by Gearswinger View Post
It’s a contract. They are dense and have a ton of places where the Company can weasel out of things. I want the MEC to be sure they read it all and caught the loopholes. Good or bad, it takes time.
God knows our company (any company) will find every loophole.
Old 06-22-2018, 03:22 AM
The REAL Bluedriver

Joined APC: Sep 2011
Position: Airbus Capt

Originally Posted by rvr1800 View Post
Completely agree. I’m fine with the last email explaining what they’re doing. I just wish they’d sent that one in the first place.
They may not have expected it to that this long. Never mentioned multi-day meeting in any comms before last night.
Old 06-22-2018, 03:24 AM
The REAL Bluedriver

Originally Posted by pilotpayne View Post
Come on man. It might be crap it might not be but it’s a 1st contract I want the MEC to read every last sentence before deciding. We don’t currently live with this document so it’s not just hey we fixed this or that, it’s all new.
I prefer they make an educated vote.
I’m sure you do as well.
Correct. However, the negotiations over the AIP Content as well as the language are over. So they may want to familiarize themselves with the contract, but there's nothing to fix, they either vote Yes or vote no with the existing language. So what they need to decide right now is if it's a yes or no, not whether there's any loopholes that need to be fixed through further negotiation.

Since they never mentioned a multi-day meeting in any previous Communications, they appear to be conflicted.

Just to clarify, it's good to know if there's loopholes in the contract, but there's nothing they can do about it other than vote no because negotiations and language writing is over. So it would seem that thing's are potentially marginal.

My opinion of course.
Old 06-22-2018, 04:13 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2012

Maybe the MEC is having to get sold as to why it's such a great contract by all the ALPA experts so they can turn around and "not sell it", sell it to the pilot group.
Old 06-22-2018, 04:18 AM
The REAL Bluedriver

Originally Posted by BunkerF16 View Post
Maybe the MEC is having to get sold as to why it's such a great contract by all the ALPA experts so they can turn around and "not sell it", sell it to the pilot group.
No, you're dumb and you're wrong and smell bad.

The contract is SO amazing, they need the ALPA experts to verify the language really means what they think it means, because it looks way to good to be true!

Future DL, UAL and SWA contracts will be modelled after this one.
Old 06-22-2018, 04:35 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2008
Position: Left,Right, Left, Right,Right,Left, Right, Left

I love the roller coaster.

WHERE IS IT WHERE'S MY CBA? BLEWJET SUCKS!

we have an AIP now.

WHATS THE RUSH IT SUCKS VOTE NO

We have a TA and an implementation letter

WHY'S IT TAKING SO LONG YOU SUCK APLA SUCKS THE CONTRACT SUCKS!

well, we're making sure everyone understands every section in it's entirety and how each section affects other sections. there's 31 sections and a few hundred pages to go over? Is it ok if we spend more than 6-8hours reviewing your future work rules and pay with the guys who negotiated it, the subject matter experts that understand it and the lawyers that may have to defend it?

i forgot
F@$% YOU RECALL VOTE, WHERE'S THE TEAMSTERS
Old 06-22-2018, 04:56 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2008

Originally Posted by CaptCoolHand View Post
I love the roller coaster.

WHERE IS IT WHERE'S MY CBA? BLEWJET SUCKS!

we have an AIP now.

WHATS THE RUSH IT SUCKS VOTE NO

We have a TA and an implementation letter

WHY'S IT TAKING SO LONG YOU SUCK APLA SUCKS THE CONTRACT SUCKS!

well, we're making sure everyone understands every section in it's entirety and how each section affects other sections. there's 31 sections and a few hundred pages to go over? Is it ok if we spend more than 6-8hours reviewing your future work rules and pay with the guys who negotiated it, the subject matter experts that understand it and the lawyers that may have to defend it?

i forgot
F@$% YOU RECALL VOTE, WHERE'S THE TEAMSTERS
I mostly agree with you. There’s going to be guys complaining no matter what. I mean even the Delta guys sometimes make it seem like they work for a bottom feeder.

But the contradictory emails from ALPA aren’t helping. I don’t want them to rush and I’d like them to take as long as they need. They should have done a little better job communicating that. They were the ones who came out chastising the company for dragging their feet with the implementation LOA. You’d think over the past month of having most of the TA in their hands they could get some of their questions answered.

In the end it’s not a big deal. But it does plant a small seed of doubt in the back of my head as to whether or not there’s disagreement among the MEC about this thing.
Old 06-22-2018, 05:13 AM
Banned

Joined APC: Feb 2009

Originally Posted by Bluedriver View Post
No, you're dumb and you're wrong and smell bad.

The contract is SO amazing, they need the ALPA experts to verify the language really means what they think it means, because it looks way to good to be true!

Future DL, UAL and SWA contracts will be modelled after this one.
Unfortunately that is true. We will be bringing the industry down with 90% of those bullet points. Let's hope they do the right thing and send this thing back.
Old 06-22-2018, 05:37 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2008
Position: Left,Right, Left, Right,Right,Left, Right, Left

Originally Posted by rvr1800 View Post
I mostly agree with you. There’s going to be guys complaining no matter what. I mean even the Delta guys sometimes make it seem like they work for a bottom feeder.

But the contradictory emails from ALPA aren’t helping. I don’t want them to rush and I’d like them to take as long as they need. They should have done a little better job communicating that. They were the ones who came out chastising the company for dragging their feet with the implementation LOA. You’d think over the past month of having most of the TA in their hands they could get some of their questions answered.

In the end it’s not a big deal. But it does plant a small seed of doubt in the back of my head as to whether or not there’s disagreement among the MEC about this thing.

I know it's annoying and frustrating. if it was only 4-5 sections I'd worry. but it's the whole thing.