JetBlue Latest and Greatest

Subscribe
178  578  628  668  674  675  676  677  678  679  680  681  682  688  728  778  1178 
Page 678 of 1383
Go to
Quote: I don’t think you meant to quote me because it doesn’t really make sense based on what I said.
you're right...that's weird. i had selected that other message, not yours. you must have posted yours at that exact moment, and apc quoted yours instead of that. very weird. sorry for the confusion.
Quote: I don’t think you meant to quote me because it doesn’t really make sense based on what I said. I was talking about today’s no votes. 2 of the 5 no votes were due to implementation language only..

The LGB no votes...

“We believe the Negotiating Committee met our objective of achieving a market-rate agreement. Looking at the package as a whole, we understand that from work rules to retirement, pay rates, rigs, and overrides, the contract added over 700 hundred million dollars to our pilot group.

Our issue was with the implementation timeline. The Negotiating Committee was able to stipulate that the Company cannot achieve efficiencies that they bargained for in certain areas until Reserve and, ultimately, all of Section 25 Scheduling, is fully implemented. However, we didn't feel that our members should have to endure these delays.”

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Yet, amazingly, the company gets the OE pairings held out from the FOs almost IMMEDIATELY!

Imagine that!
Seems most of the NO votes were solely based on implementation time line. Which I agree sucks. Not sure if voting no will speed that up at all...

Still haven’t decided one way or another.
Quote: Seems most of the NO votes were solely based on implementation time line. Which I agree sucks. Not sure if voting no will speed that up at all...

Still haven’t decided one way or another.
Unfortunately it won't. The barriers to implementation are mostly due to software, which won't come any faster if we vote no.

Vote yes/no on the merits of the agreement itself, rather than the implementation timeline.
Quote: Unfortunately it won't. The barriers to implementation are mostly due to software, which won't come any faster if we vote no.

Vote yes/no on the merits of the agreement itself, rather than the implementation timeline.
Absolutely terrible advice and misleading. EVERYTHING comes at a cost. Implementation can happen faster if the company paid for it to happen faster. That’s a fact. Another fact; it would be maybe be acceptable if there was a monetary gain to the pilots in lieu of the insult which is the implementation schedule. Jeez man. Freebies don’t pay my bills. Do they pay yours?
Quote: Absolutely terrible advice and misleading. EVERYTHING comes at a cost. Implementation can happen faster if the company paid for it to happen faster. That’s a fact. Another fact; it would be maybe be acceptable if there was a monetary gain to the pilots in lieu of the insult which is the implementation schedule. Jeez man. Freebies don’t pay my bills. Do they pay yours?
Throw a few extra million bucks on and it makes implementation stomachable.
Quote: Vote yes/no on the merits of the agreement itself, rather than the implementation timeline.

But the implementation timeline states that a lot of what we’re voting for will only be available for 1/2 or 2/3 of the life of contract. And there’s hidden dollar signs all over the contract buried in those work rules

Examples:

25.K.1- RSV SCL Days Off: increasing from 12 and 13 to 13 and 14. Implementation date of 1/1/19 (6 Months)
4:12 X 6 months X $117 (new 2nd year FO Pay)=$2,948 (over $7k for RSV captain) Or 25:12 worth of PTO in days off...

25.R.5.b- Reserve first day start time. Implementation of 11/1/19 (4 Months)
So it’s 0300L Reserve starts until November. Commuter and can’t hold PM reserve? That just cost a reserve captain another $10-12k worth in days off each week commuting into base the day before.

Right there. Only 2 work rules. $20k left on the table for a 7yr captain due to implementation delays. Granted, maybe you can’t put a monetary value on “time off.” But time not spent at work is more valuable than time spent at work in my book.
Look, I’m sitting here at 2 years on RSV as a 190CA. I’m being abused and so is everyone else on RSV this summer. Our rules SUCK beyond ALL belief. Worse than (insert a regional) and I’m tired of hearing “Oh, when I was at (insert a regional) our rules gave us this and we would rig that and we could bid this and the reserve grid would do that and we could swap here and there.” No more!! People who are senior don’t know and don’t care to know. F the RSV guy. Right now the reserve (your ALPA brethren) are essentially flying a full schedule line. The fun part about this line is that you never know what’s coming. Like today’s JFK DH coverage trip then DH back. Good thing I bid PM and got 0 dark thirty you know it’s going to be a broken pairing call so set your alarm RAP. NONSENSE!!!!

So today’s rant is about RSV, but the rules in this TA, which SHOULD become our First CBA, benefit commuters, our awesome helpers (VDA RSA), redeye slaves, hotel snobs, F-ing 401ks and oh yes gives us a F-ing salary raise and concrete salary raises for the next 4 years. So, for everyone who has been in a car dealership and made a deal only to wake up the next day and say “I could have gotten another $50 off that deal” stop triple guessing what’s this and what’s that and get ready to Vote Yes. Start the clock on our future.

-Bubs
Quote: Look, I’m sitting here at 2 years on RSV as a 190CA. I’m being abused and so is everyone else on RSV this summer. Our rules SUCK beyond ALL belief. Worse than (insert a regional) and I’m tired of hearing “Oh, when I was at (insert a regional) our rules gave us this and we would rig that and we could bid this and the reserve grid would do that and we could swap here and there.” No more!! People who are senior don’t know and don’t care to know. F the RSV guy. Right now the reserve (your ALPA brethren) are essentially flying a full schedule line. The fun part about this line is that you never know what’s coming. Like today’s JFK DH coverage trip then DH back. Good thing I bid PM and got 0 dark thirty you know it’s going to be a broken pairing call so set your alarm RAP. NONSENSE!!!!

So today’s rant is about RSV, but the rules in this TA, which SHOULD become our First CBA, benefit commuters, our awesome helpers (VDA RSA), redeye slaves, hotel snobs, F-ing 401ks and oh yes gives us a F-ing salary raise and concrete salary raises for the next 4 years. So, for everyone who has been in a car dealership and made a deal only to wake up the next day and say “I could have gotten another $50 off that deal” stop triple guessing what’s this and what’s that and get ready to Vote Yes. Start the clock on our future.

-Bubs
Our future under this contract is to lag the industry in almost all sections (including reserve rules) pretty much forever. Let's start the clock on a new NC and a real contract.
The contract is ok. The salary lags, and will continue to lag. The insurance is still a kick in the nads. And the profit sharing is a joke. The measly $50mil bonus is the icing on the cake (after the company just bought back $1billion in stocks).... I think the sway vote will be people who won’t want to continue another 1-2 years in hopes of MAYBE getting another $10-20k out of the pay rates..... if the NC/MEC were smart, they’d go to the company and say “if you want this contract to pass, at least double your signing bonus.” It’ll help us recoup what we’d hope to gain out of future negotiations, cover lost income due to implementation, give us a solid foundation to build on in 2.5 years when we enter early Section 6, and will cost the company a lot less in the long run compared to another 2 years of labor disputes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
178  578  628  668  674  675  676  677  678  679  680  681  682  688  728  778  1178 
Page 678 of 1383
Go to