Amazon reaches agreement with Atlas

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 1 of 7
Go to
BRIEF-Atlas Air Worldwide announces agreement with Amazon | Reuters
Looks like Amazon just rained on ATSGs parade. Welcome to the ACMI world where you are one contract away from unemployment. A wise decision by Amazon to spread around the risk using multiple carriers patterned after the DHL model. In the end I can see the FAA mandating Amazon have their own Operating certificate as was forced upon UPS.
Amazon can avoid having to acquire their own certificate by buying portions of each company. I think that is what the stock warrants are for in Atlas and ATSG.

Amazon has the warrants to buy significant portions of each company.
Did Amazon buy a portion of ATSG?
Quote: Did Amazon buy a portion of ATSG?
The agreement with ATSG allows Amazon to acquire up to 19.9% of ATSG stock over five years.

With AAWW, Amazon has been granted the option to acquire 20% over five years AND another 10% within the following two years.
Wow.... Thanks for the answer.

That's a lot of influence over both companies.

DHL owns 49% of Polar.. Wonder how that's going to play out.
Atlas Air Worldwide Holdings

Big day for Atlas. Finding additional revenue streams is always a good thing.
Wait for it, wait for it, Cliff will give us the straight inside poop!
Quote: Looks like Amazon just rained on ATSGs parade. Welcome to the ACMI world where you are one contract away from unemployment. A wise decision by Amazon to spread around the risk using multiple carriers patterned after the DHL model. In the end I can see the FAA mandating Amazon have their own Operating certificate as was forced upon UPS.

I don't see it as 'raining on ATSG's parade' at all- ATSG is sitting on the vacant DHL sort facility which Atlas doesn't have. Amazon bought a seat on ATSG's board for cryin out loud. With the amount of volume that Amazon carries, there will be plenty to go around between ABX/ATI/Atlas. If anything, this move will enable Amazon to control its own logistics sooner, which will be a positive thing for both ATSG and Atlas over the long run.
Amazon wants 60 76's correct? When will Kalitta announce they are getting the last twenty?
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 1 of 7
Go to