Residency Requirement

Subscribe
Hey all,

In the residency requirement section of the FedEx initial screening questions it says:

"Candidates for jobs involving handling or access to U.S. mail cannot be considered for employment if they have resided outside the U.S., Guam or Puerto Rico for more than six (6) months during the last five (5) years prior to today's date, other than the following verifiable exceptions: .....student attending school in a foreign country....... Do you meet this residency requirement or fall within one of the verifiable exceptions?"

Does a part time student in a foreign country meet such an exception?
Quote: Hey all,

In the residency requirement section of the FedEx initial screening questions it says:

"Candidates for jobs involving handling or access to U.S. mail cannot be considered for employment if they have resided outside the U.S., Guam or Puerto Rico for more than six (6) months during the last five (5) years prior to today's date, other than the following verifiable exceptions: .....student attending school in a foreign country....... Do you meet this residency requirement or fall within one of the verifiable exceptions?"

Does a part time student in a foreign country meet such an exception?
I doubt someone on this forum will have the absolute, legally-binding answer to this question. But, since it doesn't say "FULL-time student", I would suspect you might be able to use your part-time studies abroad as an exemption to the residency requirement. In any event, with your current experience (you're at Atlas?), it is probably worth your while to apply and find out.
Thanks Cloudsailor. I'll see if I can get an answer from HR somehow