UAL and Frontier

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 3 of 5
Go to
Quote: Yup. I'm pretty sure one of the key reasons UAL selected V2500s for the bus back in the day was for DEN.
CFM or IAE powered doesn't matter. Both offer comparable engines for the bus. It just depends on how much power you want/are willing to pay for. 321's can get up to a bit over 33k per side if you pay for it, CFM or IAE. A lot of Chinese 319's have big engines. I am not sure about the ones we got. 27k in a 319 is a lot. I don't think I ever saw less than 70 degrees FLEX on takeoff, even above 6000 MSL.
Ha! For real entertainment, ponder how the Staple/SLI would go since Frontier is now ALPA.
Quote: Ha! For real entertainment, ponder how the Staple/SLI would go since Frontier is now ALPA.
It wouldn't be a staple since they are also ALPA and I would never consider an SLI as "entertainment "
Quote: Ha! For real entertainment, ponder how the Staple/SLI would go since Frontier is now ALPA.
Pilots are only interested in being Captains, regardless of the airplane, so we should just do 1-for-1 since we are so overstaffed because of all our bases. At least that's what my previous Merger Committee tried to propose.
I just want to say that I have jump seated on Frontier several and always treated well by crew and customer service.
Quote: Pilots are only interested in being Captains, regardless of the airplane, so we should just do 1-for-1 since we are so overstaffed because of all our bases. At least that's what my previous Merger Committee tried to propose.
1 Frontier. 1 United. 1 for you. 1 for me....and after Frontier runs out of guys, staple the rest of us. That's fair!!
Quote: 1 Frontier. 1 United. 1 for you. 1 for me....and after Frontier runs out of guys, staple the rest of us. That's fair!!
Their Airbi have bigger engines.
Quote: I just want to say that I have jump seated on Frontier several and always treated well by crew and customer service.
And I just want to say they are all cool and friendly until your company buys them out of bankruptcy which results in integration. When I was at Republic I could not believe the level of immaturity displayed by a good amount of their pilots. From the standard insults over ground or ramp frequencies to the nasty looks while passing in the terminal. They really knew how to make one feel awful over something they had no control or say over.
Quote: Their Airbi have bigger engines.
And with all their Mexico flights, they have a similar ratio of domestic to international. Truly an international airline!
Quote: And I just want to say they are all cool and friendly until your company buys them out of bankruptcy which results in integration. When I was at Republic I could not believe the level of immaturity displayed by a good amount of their pilots. From the standard insults over ground or ramp frequencies to the nasty looks while passing in the terminal. They really knew how to make one feel awful over something they had no control or say over.
Quite ironic statement coming from "SUX4U". Yeah, I'm an F9 guy our perception is considerably different. It's too bad because I know a few great guys who were at RAH but we couldn't hire them because of IBT and CM. Anyway, good luck with your career, wherever that might be.
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 3 of 5
Go to