Strangest Cargo

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 1 of 6
Go to
I heard someone mention PPRune and decided to see what the place was like. They had a topic called strangest cargo that was stickied and they had some real interesting things to say! So I figured I ask here. What's the strangest cargo you've had?

Some of theirs included:
A concept lamborgini
A whale
A white rhino being flown to be let loose
A mulit million $ art collection
40 tones of euro's
3 x juvenile Rothschild Giraffe
boullion
11 elephants
dolphins
engines to kuwait confiscated from Saddam

Can anyone here add to this?
Does 190k pounds of asparagus count? Lima to Miami
The reason they needed to fly it makes it count!
Rocket Parts
Armored Cars
X Ray Machines
Telecommunications "stuff" into Beirut right after the war
Jet Engines
Race Cars

Just the usual !!!
When I was on C-5s...

A B-52 to the museum at Wright Patterson. We had the wings removed and crated next to the fuselage.

The Pope-mobile.

DSRV's a few times

and...other things...hehe.
I remember we un-loaded a container one night, it had what looked like a rock group's stage equipment, we could see the drum set in-side. Pretty cool, don't remember the name of the band that was printed on the drum set though. . . big and little jet engines, lots of flowers, live crickets, fish, lots of live birds lately, body parts. . .
Quote: The Pope-mobile.
That's a good one
Snakes on a Plane: From ABI to DFW, 4 boxes of live rattlesnakes loaded in the bag compartment of a Bandit. If you know what a Bandit is you know that the cargo compartment is separated by the passenger compartment by a curtain that snaps to inside wall of the fuselage. Good thing the boxes didnt come open in flight!
Quote: That's a good one
Hah, ya it was great. We were all getting our photos taken in it waving! That was sooo long ago it seems. About 12 or 13 years, so not that long I guess.
$240 Million in cash, just to rub it in they put the pallet in the forward-most main deck position just aft of the smoke curtain.

A Formula One car

A pair of Beluga Whales
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 1 of 6
Go to