Military Flight Under Which Part of FAR?

Subscribe
All,

Recently retired military pilot with zero civil aviation experience looking for some guidance. Could someone tell me what FAR Part covers military cargo ops? I flew the C-2A (carried up to 28 pax/10K pounds). I've got 1700TT and nearly 900TPIC but not sure if any of my time counts towards Part 121 or 135 ops.

Appreciate it!
You were flying outside of the FAA's realm so none of it fell under 135 or 121 or 125.
Quote: You were flying outside of the FAA's realm so none of it fell under 135 or 121 or 125.

dayum...pink mist on the 2-count noob out the gate!
Correct, no FAR equivalent for mil flying.
Military aviation operates under a Letter Of Agreement between the Department of Transportation/FAA and the Department of Defense.

You C-2 time is neither 121 nor 135, as was stated. It is military flight time.
Quote: All,

Recently retired military pilot with zero civil aviation experience looking for some guidance. Could someone tell me what FAR Part covers military cargo ops? I flew the C-2A (carried up to 28 pax/10K pounds). I've got 1700TT and nearly 900TPIC but not sure if any of my time counts towards Part 121 or 135 ops.

Appreciate it!
It all counts if your looking to get hired at the airlines. Go get current and your prime for a regional, in a year or so pick a major.
As others have said, you have zero civilian flying time or equivalency. You do have 1700 SIC and 900 PIC time, military time.