Could Trans-Oceanic Flight Benefit from ADS-B

Subscribe
Now that I've been accused of being the "doom and gloom" end of the world poster, how about a professional aviation discussion?

http://www.aviationtoday.com/av/air-...e#.V3AKGJMrKuV

They've been talking about this for 20+ years. It would be nice to have some real ATC out over the ocean!*? And ... hopefully BlackKnight won't be insulted (but will still be able to understand?) an aviation topic!

Quote: Now that I've been accused of being the "doom and gloom" end of the world poster, how about a professional aviation discussion?

Avionics Magazine :: New Study Outlines Benefits of Space-based ADS-B

They've been talking about this for 20+ years. It would be nice to have some real ATC out over the ocean!*? And ... hopefully BlackKnight won't be insulted (but will still be able to understand?) an aviation topic

"Real ATC out over the ocean." I kind of thought that between CPDLC and ADS on the MD-11 and B-777 that was pretty real ATC. Certainly beats the hell out of HF position reporting.

MG2
Quote: Now that I've been accused of being the "doom and gloom" end of the world poster, how about a professional aviation discussion?

Avionics Magazine :: New Study Outlines Benefits of Space-based ADS-B

They've been talking about this for 20+ years. It would be nice to have some real ATC out over the ocean!*? And ... hopefully BlackKnight won't be insulted (but will still be able to understand?) an aviation topic!

There has to be an ignore button somewhere? Geez dude, back away from the computer and get a hobby.
There is:

http://www.airlinepilotforums.com/pr...?do=ignorelist

So much hate in the world.
Quote: There has to be an ignore button somewhere? Geez dude, back away from the computer and get a hobby.

Now I'm starting to feel ostracized (sort of like FoxHunter?). You guys hurt my feelings. I'm going to take my toys and go home ...

Quote: Now I'm starting to feel ostracized (sort of like FoxHunter?). You guys hurt my feelings. I'm going to take my toys and go home ...

It's about damn time!! 😀