Interview logbook question...

Subscribe
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to
I have two paper logbooks, then started doing an electronic logbook several years ago (I didn't copy paper entries to the software). I'm unable to print out a flight summary that includes all of my flying. Did anyone that recently interviewed not bring a flight summary? If you did, how did you break down your hours?

Thanks!
Your electronic logbook is unable to print out your totals? Sounds like it's time for a new electronic logbook. Doesn't it? I don't know of an employer that doesn't expect a record, including your totals. I think it would be worth doing some data entry and getting a logbook system that provides the bare minimum requirements all airlines have.
Most electronic logbooks will allow you to enter previous flying (from your paper logbook) in a single entry to make the totals sync.
Interview logbook question...
I had paper logbooks from my Navy flying. I made a single line entry in my electronic logbook (LogTenPro) for each type aircraft that I had time in that contained the elements of time landings, and flight conditions etc... All of my 121 time was entered flight by flight. Everyone who has looked at it was happy with that. As long as the summary looks like the times on your application you are good to go. Be ready to explain where each number on the application came from. The logbook review is usually a non event, unless something doesn't add up, literally or figuratively.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I thing a few single line entries are my best option. Thanks!
If you are military, Delta is plenty happy with the AFORMS printout or the equivalent from other services. I had a small electronic logbook with printout for my civilian time and the massive paper copy of my military time.

But this question makes me wonder what world you're living in. Who thinks it's ok to go to a major airline interview without proof of time? If you really think this you probably are a bit rusty in other areas as well, I highly recommend ECC or a similar service for your interview prep since you didn't do very well on this question and it's a gimme.
I kept a hand-written logbook for everything, and just made neat entries using the same pen for years. Borderline OCD. I was really proud of the thing when I got my interview at Delta in 2001.

They never asked to see it. The HR lady only asked me if I "had" it. When I reached for it in my briefcase, she said, "no, that's fine."
Quote: If you are military, Delta is plenty happy with the AFORMS printout or the equivalent from other services. I had a small electronic logbook with printout for my civilian time and the massive paper copy of my military time.

But this question makes me wonder what world you're living in. Who thinks it's ok to go to a major airline interview without proof of time? If you really think this you probably are a bit rusty in other areas as well, I highly recommend ECC or a similar service for your interview prep since you didn't do very well on this question and it's a gimme.
I was referring to the optional flight summary that is on the Delta interview checklist, not my logbooks. All of my logbooks are totaled and complete.
Quote: I was referring to the optional flight summary that is on the Delta interview checklist, not my logbooks. All of my logbooks are totaled and complete.
Excellent! Glad I misread that and you're prepared.
Quote: Excellent! Glad I misread that and you're prepared.
I worded the question poorly.
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to